Calgary shop report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't get to purchase that pleco since things were so crazy last week. I saw that your plakat betta was sold at the auction :? If you see anymore (especially at $5 a piece) let me know!!

Menagerie said:
I saw that your plakat betta was sold at the auction :? If you see anymore (especially at $5 a piece) let me know!!

$4 each...Gold Aquariums has them....when I was there Friday he had several....two reasons to hit Gold this week.

No betta or pleco for me, but I did get to Tanks this evening and bought 5 panda cories and two baby German blue rams.

Menagerie said:
No betta or pleco for me, but I did get to Tanks this evening and bought 5 panda cories and two baby German blue rams.

Must have just missed you...I was in at 6:55, scooping a couple of Ebos for a friend and some Sera Florena for myself. Those rams looked good, and at 2 for 1, they were a steal!

I Dropped by Riverfront and Chum's tonight as well. Chum's has baby ornate bichirs on for $25 each, and I scooped a beautiful female betta from him (she is now courting one of my plakat males), and another female paradise fish.

I will be hitting Gold Aquariums Saturday afternoon and meeting up with Rahim and one of the ACE members, who is bringing us some stuff. With luck, Dennis will have some import crowntails and some female bettas in then (he gets his orders in on Thursdays and Fridays, and is closed on Thursdays).

OK, today I was at....PetLand MacLeod Tr., Big Al's, Ocean's, and Pisces.

Oceans has some amazing marine stuff in...fantastic corals, a great little octopus (not a blue-ring), super gobies, and some uncommon box fish to die for....and a sweeet little blue-spot stingray for $110.

Pisces has Apistogramma agassizi (just the regular sort) for $17/3, green sailfin mollies (males only, unfortunately) for $8 each.

Big Al's has gold nugget plecos for $24.99 each and a 24" alligator gar.....and some really nice new Tropica plants. (Pisces just got in a similar Tropica order).

I just bought some bloodworms and spirulina flakes today.

I refuse to buy from Big Al's. I saw the Apistos last week and drooled for a millisecond.
Let us know what show's up at Golds!!

Menagerie said:
I refuse to buy from Big Al's.

I must admit to having givven in once or twice on something rare and/or incredibly-priced... :oops: ...but, I hate having to quarantine for 10-12 weeks until I feel safe with a fish.

Last time I was in, it was for algea wafers since I was in the South already. I scooped up a bunch of wafers and then Trevor and I went to look at the fish. I was disgusted, put the algea wafers back and left.

My last trip to Pisces I got some pennyworth and 4 baby cardinals.. :)

If I make the trip all they way down to tanks I often do a Stop at Big Al's but the last time I was there the display FW was covered in fungus and ICK... Kinda made it hard to look around after that....

Mooooose

Today I hit PetLand Shawnessy...some nice uncommon plecos there, but all a bit pricey (course they do have that 25% off Tuesdays)...not much else to report from them. Dropped by Riverfront (hey, its 4 minutes from my house, its hard not to)....bought a fist-sized hermit crab for my daughter...Wayne has a whack of German rams in, and a fresh batch of green-spotted puffers...not much else new today.

must stay away from tanks..... feel the need for panda cories.... must try them 1 more time....

8O Go to Tanks, the Pandas are calling.
8O You are getting sleepy, very sleepy.
8O Relax and think of the cute Pandas.
8O You are getting sleepy, very sleepy.
8O When my fingers snap, you will wake.
8O Get your car keeps and begin driving.
8O Head Southwest towards Tanks.
8O Pull into Tanks A Lot's parking lot.
8O ....

Wow, those Pandas are calling!! Give them a Mango biscuit STAT!

Speaking of which...Gold Aquariums is calling...it says "meet Albert, Christian, and Rahim there at 1 pm on Saturday....".
Wish I could, but I am taking Trevor away for his birthday weekend to a B&B near Edmonton.

Back
Top Bottom