Calgary shop report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
9 am I assume there is a limit of 1 per person but if there isn't I will try to get 1 for each of you ;)

I have a very few, really small fry (gave a bunch away recently), but I think Jim has quite a few more, and Twyla probably still has buckets of them....and they are pure...all from F0 stock.

I am unsure of how long the sale is on for, but I just picked-up two 4-packs of Sunbeam 15W (900 lumen output) 'mini-compact' fluorescent bulbs (the sort you screw into an incandescent fixture) at Zellers for $9.95 a pack...with tax, thats just over $2.50/bulb, and they fit nicely into my Hagen incandescent canopies.

I need to buy a couple of compact fluorescents for my incandescent top. I don't know what the compatability is. Can I put it any size comp fluor bulb? What would be best for a 25 gal tank (a tall tank) to maintain low light plants. Would 2-15"s be too small?

ABislander2 said:
I need to buy a couple of compact fluorescents for my incandescent top. I don't know what the compatability is. Can I put it any size comp fluor bulb? What would be best for a 25 gal tank (a tall tank) to maintain low light plants. Would 2-15"s be too small?

I would go with two over 20W for a 25...so long as they fit.

F0 stock!!! :)

Is the next meeting strictly potluck or do they do the auction and stuff as well?

How much do Hagen canopies run? (for a 10 gallon work tank.. :) )

Moooose

Just potluck, no auction. I think Hagen 10 canopies are about $25-$30 new, but you can easily pick up one used for $3-$8.

Riverfront Aquariums' 2 for 1 sale is tomorrow (Saturday Dec 11):

I was there today and saw some really nice 2"+ clown loaches that will be $7.50 each tomorrow, as well as some 1" archerfish that will be $5 each...and baby senegal bichirs for $4-$5 each....and bristlenose cats for $5 each.

Toirtis said:
Riverfront Aquariums' 2 for 1 sale is tomorrow (Saturday Dec 11):

Well, I walked away with a trio of green swordtails, a female orange sailfin molly, a nice pair of kribs, and a female mustard-gas VT betta for a grand total of $14.

congrats on the AQUAsitions.. I was going to go glass top but I guess I will decide if and when I get to the petstore...

Mooooooose

Toirtis said:
I have a very few, really small fry (gave a bunch away recently), but I think Jim has quite a few more, and Twyla probably still has buckets of them....and they are pure...all from F0 stock.

So I talked to Jim last meeting and he says he lost almost all his fish.. He has no endlers..

So Toirtis buddy.. How are you fry doing? :) I have 3 males since we last talked about endlers.........

Moooose

Mine are doing OK, but seem to have taken a break from spawning...I have not seen fry since late November for some reason. I am going to beg a couple more from Twyla and see if I can't get mine restarted.

I have not been to a store since I returned from BC 8O , but was planning on hitting Riverfront, Chums and Pisces this evening.

Back
Top Bottom