Calgary shop report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they had some females in the back or off to the side. i predominantly saw males. but i was pretty sure i remember seeing some females.

I picked up a couple of stunning crowntails at Gold Aquarium earlier thios week for $4.99 each. I also bought one of Pisces males (you have to look through theirs...so are OK, but a very few are really nice). I believe I saw a couple of combtail or crowntail females amongst the females that they have in, but they are marked no differently than the others, so you need to look very closely.

Wow....totally wow.

I stopped in Gold Aquarium this afternoon.....here are some highlights:

Starry night bristlenose cat, 3½"...$15.99 each!

Yoyo loaches, 1"...3/$10

Gold nugget plecos, 2½"....$34.99 each!

Bulldog pleco, 2½"....$11.99 each.

Synodontis multipunctatus, 3½"....$34.99 each!

Male lyretail guppies, 1"...5/$10.

Male Sunrise guppies, 1"...5/$10.

Large albino pearlscale angel, 2"....$19.99 each!

Altolamprologus calvus, 3/4"....$12.99 each.

Feeder minnows, 1½"....100/$10.

'Metallic' male bettas....$3.99 each.

Male Crowntail bettas...$3.99 each.

As well some 3" clown loaches and 3" burmese loaches that are not yet priced, but are sure to be very reasonable (like $10 each).

wow, I wish I was in calgary. my daughter wants a betta in the worst way. One of those from Golds would be perfect. The ones I have seen in town here are very plain and kind of unhealthy/depressed looking...if a fish can look that way lol

Menagerie said:
I want new plecos :bawl:

So go buy some. :p

I picked up a huge female guppy with a massive tail fin and 10 feeder/wild-type guppies from Pisces today....the feeder guppies have some very unusual finnage and patterns....should be interesting to see how they mature and reproduce.

Well, I was out today....and visited a shop that had dozens of those 'stone cats' (but a bit bigger than Pisces'), some nice swords, and about a billion Badis badis bengalensis....I'll bet Menagerie would like to know which shop... :wink:

Ameca Splendins at picese. $1.99 for fry, $2.99 for young adults and $4.99 for full sized adults. (there is a deal for buying 3) Be forewarned, there is some tail/body deformities with them from mass production so be very selective of what you get!

Meghan will be on with more reports

Hello!! Toirtis we need your help identifying some catfish. They aer still under QT and the staff said they were upside down catfish youngsters, but they are NOT. They are in the last aisle on the left in the bottom row about half way down.

Aside from that, they are selling used Fluvals 3 and 4 for $29.99 and used air pumps. The elite with two ports is $14.99 and the one with one port is $7.99. I am kicking myself for not buying the $9.99 protein skimmer :roll:

Menagerie said:
Hello!! Toirtis we need your help identifying some catfish. They aer still under QT and the staff said they were upside down catfish youngsters, but they are NOT. They are in the last aisle on the left in the bottom row about half way down.

OK, on my way now to have a look.

They are baby Synodontis eupterus.

I also spotted:

Java ferns, both regular and 'Windelov' for $2.99 each.

Eheim Pro II 2026 for $249.99 each.

Rena XP3 for $199.99 each.

Back
Top Bottom