Calgary shop report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
Just dropped in to Chum's today, and they have long-finned German rams for $7 each if you buy 6, and J. transcriptus 'gombi' for $10 each, as well as a large selection of nice crowntail bettas for $9.99 each....and Apisto agassizi for $25 each or 6 for $100 (Riverfront's are $36 each).

I hope to get up to Pisces later, as they should have got their weekly order in yesterday sometime.

J. transcriptus 'gombi' max out around 5" right? Ornatus 3" ??

Can't wait for the Pisces report.. :)

OK, just for webmoose...(just walked in the door after visiting Pisces):

Corydoras elegans 1" $3 each or 3/$11
Corydoras pulcher 1" $5 each or 3/$14
Corydoras hastatus 1cm $2 each or 5/$9
Corydoras polystictus 1" $5 each or 3/$14
Corydoras aeneus (albino) 2cm $4 each or 3/$11

Blue paradise fish (really intesnse colouration on this batch) 2" $6 ea. or 3/$17
Platinum gourami 1" $6 each or 3/$17
Blue rams (OK, but nothing special) 1" $9 each or 3/$26
Julidochromis marleri (look more like transcriptus to me) 1½" $9 each
Albino tiger oscars 2" $7each or 3/$20

Furcatus rainbows 2cm $5 each or 3/$14
Neon dwarf rainbows 1" $9 ea. or 3/$26

Metallic orange sailfin mollies (all males) 2" $8 ea. or 2/$15
Auratus pencilfish 1½" $4 ea. or 3/$11
Archerfish 2" $20 ea.
Flounders 1.5cm $5 ea. or 3/$14
Congo tetras 1" $5 each or 3/$14
Pristella tetras 1" $3 ea. or 5/$14
Rummynose tetras 1" $4 ea. or 3/$11

Best deals I saw:
Flying foxes 1" reg $4 ea., sale $1.99 each
Peacock eels 4"-6" $7 ea. or 3/$20
Queen arabesque pleco (L260) 3" $30

***and don't forget, that as a CAS member, you get an additional 15% off those prices***

Lots of dry goods on sale, too...of note:
Rena filstar XP3 canister filter reg $300, sale $200
Millenium 1000 HOB powerfilter reg $50, sale $20
Nutrafin Basix staple flake food, 2.3kg bucket reg. $80, sale $40

Flounders huh... must be that time of year again.. :(

I went in there last week to pick up some cardinals with my discount but the place was packed and the cardinals were on sale and some of them were pale looking...

Moooose

webmoose said:
Flounders huh... must be that time of year again.. :(

I went in there last week to pick up some cardinals with my discount but the place was packed and the cardinals were on sale and some of them were pale looking...

Moooose

Riverfront has some nice cardinals right now, and you get a discount there, too.

Menagerie said:
Queen arabesque pleco (L260) 3" $30
8O
I may be going there tonight! I wonder if it will still be there.

Probably...he wasn't all that obvious. He was, I believe, in the third row, left side, top row, near the end (and if you see the tank and not him, have someone check, since, at first, I thought his tank was empty, too).

Last time I was a riverfront they only had neons for .99 cents and they looked very pale.. :)

I will have to check out their cardinals..

Thanks!

Moooose

Update:

Hit Gold Aquarium today...Dennis has in some stunning shortfin plakat-type male bettas (Hong-Kong imports) for $5 each (I bought one, of course).

Picses sale has changed somewhat on live stock, so now:

Corydoras elegans- Reg. $3, sale $1.99
Neon Dwarf Rainbows- Reg. $9, sale $3.99
Platinum Gouramis- Reg. $6, sale $1.99
Common algae eaters- Reg. $4, sale $.99
Rainbow sharks- Reg. $7, sale $1.99
Small whiteclouds- 5/$.99

"Neon Dwarf Rainbows- Reg. $9, sale $3.99 "

I would be buying those if I was there.. :)

See if I can make it over this weekend...

Thanks Toirtis

That's for the call today Christian!! I ran down there and bought the Queen!! Then I went down to Tanks A Lot for 50 watt Ebo Jager heaters~32.49 plus 10% discount for CAS members.

Menagerie said:
That's for the call today Christian!! I ran down there and bought the Queen!! Then I went down to Tanks A Lot for 50 watt Ebo Jager heaters~32.49 plus 10% discount for CAS members.

Glad to cost you money...:p

Actually, I scooped a plakat betta from Gold Aquariums today, and a female blue paradise from Chums, so I didn't get away too cheaply, either. Did you notice that Tanks has all their Sera foods in a bin at the till, all for 50% off (I scooped a couple of jars of SeraGran yesterday)?

I am not familar with Sera foods. However, I saved extra cash by using the Paws Pets coupon from the Entertainment book at Tanks :D

Sera foods are the best, but bloody spendy.

OK, so, with the low price, plus CAS discount, plus coupon, how much did that Ebo run you?

OK, so, with the low price, plus CAS discount, plus coupon, how much did that Ebo run you?
I didn't think I could use both discounts--the young lady working there wasn't sure (she's not sure about much, but she's enthusiastic). So, whatever $32.49 minus 20% plus GST is--my brain and my calculator are not working.

BTW~those channel cats in the tank with the Queen were covered in ich. I was afraid they might QT the tank and not sell her to me. I just said I was going to QT her and off I went.

Back
Top Bottom