Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Canada
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hey guys, Calgarian here. I'm not entirley new to this site but have not been online here in a number of years. I have a 90 Gal FW tank.
The LFS I like here in Calgary are Big Als, Riverfront and Pisces. I have gotten most of my fist this time around from Pisces, I got my tank from Big Als and I got my royal pleco from a small store in Canmore.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle11 View Post
Hey guys,

I live in Calgary and I own 4 tanks. 1 quarantine that is only 8 gal.

1 50gal tank is brackish with a moray eel in it that is about 14" long and he is all on his own. Soon we will be moving our Butis Butis crazy fish to this tank. They are so cool!

90gal African cichlid tank, with 2 pictus cats, 4 clown loaches, 1 common pleco, 1 rainbow shark and a mixture of cichlids.

70gal mixed tank. There are tetras, African butterfly, striped pictus, 1 bristle nose pleco, 1 bushy nose pleco and 1 tiger pleco, 3 yo-yo loaches, 1 synodontis catfish, and 1 fire eel which is only about 5" long.

And lastly out 30gal hexagon which is our true community tank. Columbian tetras, neons, striped danios, glo light tetras, pair of angels and 1 gold nugget pleco. That is my favorite fish. It is so bright and colorful.

Anyway, we have a variety of places to go in Calgary but the best and most knowledgable is Big Al's. Pisces is expensive and the staff are just ok. There is Gold's which is in forest lawn and they have some specialty cichlids and plecos.

Anyway, quick question.

Know any places in Canada or Alberta that sells RENA filter parts?? Ours broke and we had to order from the US. The shipping was more than the part. Just wondering what you guys do for stuff like that.

Pisces Pet Emporium in Calgary has a repair counter area in thier fish room and that's where I've gotten parts for my RENA Filter.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Freak

RRBT for sale/trade

I short of real estate in my tank, anyone want to trade or give me ~$50 for each of my red rose bubble tip anemone's ? I'm interested to trade for anything so dont be shy

I'm in Edmonton Bellerive T5Z 2P9 area.

http://goo.gl/maps/EUIh2

Old 01-08-2014, 02:02 AM   #54
Aquarium Advice Regular

From Calgary here!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389160877.838124.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	215720 my 47 gal bowfront. Soon to be 90 gal upgrade this Saturday! I support golds all the way!!! Ocean creation is okay...
Old 03-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn_gq View Post
From Calgary here!!Attachment 215720 my 47 gal bowfront. Soon to be 90 gal upgrade this Saturday! I support golds all the way!!! Ocean creation is okay...
Who/what is golds? Still learning some of the language on this forum?
Old 03-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Regular

Golds is a fish and aquarium supply store on 17th ave SE. Best selection and prices by far!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disastroues View Post
Who/what is golds? Still learning some of the language on this forum?
Golds is an Aquarium store located in SE Calgary, specialize in mostly freshwater fish but they do have some very nice SW fish. Personally I have been in the store many times and only bought twice. I never find great deals there and its far from my house. Some of the fish look great sometimes they look terrible. Same with the coral sometimes its great sometimes its not. I dunno its overrated IMO. Hardware and food/chemical selection is great tho, they have lots of things and the prices are decent.

If your doing SW I recommend Concept Aquariums Home page

Reef Wonderland
Reef Wonderland | Welcome

And Ocean creations on 16th ave NW
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
Golds is an Aquarium store located in SE Calgary, specialize in mostly freshwater fish but they do have some very nice SW fish. Personally I have been in the store many times and only bought twice. I never find great deals there and its far from my house. Some of the fish look great sometimes they look terrible. Same with the coral sometimes its great sometimes its not. I dunno its overrated IMO. Hardware and food/chemical selection is great tho, they have lots of things and the prices are decent.

If your doing SW I recommend Concept Aquariums Home page

Reef Wonderland
Reef Wonderland | Welcome

And Ocean creations on 16th ave NW
Oh SW is in the future but I highly doubt anything would enjoy the 3 hour drive north
Old 03-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disastroues View Post
Oh SW is in the future but I highly doubt anything would enjoy the 3 hour drive north
You would be surprised, I have purchased a lot of things from Edmonton and driven them back to Calgary, even bought a few things in Lethbridge and transported them. Just know how to transport things and you will be fine
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:24 PM   #60

You're a brave soul magma. I get nervous with just a 30 or 45 min drive from the LFS back home with new additions. The dash between a preheated vehicle and the LFS at -25 is always my biggest concern. I know it's a short period of time just always makes me nervous

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com