Canadians are boring, eh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jdsunflower said:
Wow, things are hopping on this thread!

I'm in Ottawa, and would love to connect with others in the region. For a support group if nothing else (My name is JD, and I also give too much money to Big Al's...).

Re Canadians' low key approach, I think I can say with certaintly that we're having an awful lot of fun on the inside!! :razz:

JD

Which Big Al's do you shop at? I'm in Ottawa too, and I've only ever been to the one on the in the city (on the Internet they call it the one on the east side) not the one the others. Is one better than the other in your experience?

I dont think were boring... :) pleasant maybe

Boring is a subjective label. I'm happy to be Canadian. My only wish would be having a quality aquarium shop in Barrhaven. Big Al's in Kanata is pretty good. Not sure about east end. Does anyone have any comparisons?

Jwb9699 said:
Boring is a subjective label. I'm happy to be Canadian. My only wish would be having a quality aquarium shop in Barrhaven. Big Al's in Kanata is pretty good. Not sure about east end. Does anyone have any comparisons?

I agree! Im in Barrhaven so much more often than the rest of the city. I think Kanata has better fish selection from my experience than the east one. Thats where i found my pygmy cories!

If you get down to it,there all our teams,as without canadians there wouldnt be any real good players,besides the odd russian,and the once in while american

Jwb9699 said:

Big Al's east absolutely sucks. When I first started out they told me that two male dwarf gourami and a male betta would be fine in a 20 gallon. All they care about is sales.
West on the other hand is the best experience ever.

I'm from Winnipeg. And I couldn't hear you guys over my free health care.

Easy to do (Free Healthcare) when the Canadian Navy consists of a Tug boat and 2 Ferry boats.
(That go back and forth to the United States I may add)

LOL

Just kidding neighbors.....

Pton46 said:
Easy to do (Free Healthcare) when the Canadian Navy consists of a Tug boat and 2 Ferry boats.
(That go back and forth to the United States I may add)

LOL

Just kidding neighbors.....

Canada is great where else can i pick up cuban cigars?

Our free health care is our " I Win Button " and if you wanna get technical we never voted for someone named BUSH ;) on a side note I do recall who won olympic gold for hockey last olympics...... But I mean I do like the odd American I mean your cheese ain't bad, ummmm hmmmmmmm can't think of anything else positive I'll have to think a little more :D

Chronos313 said:
Our free health care is our " I Win Button " and if you wanna get technical we never voted for someone named BUSH ;) on a side note I do recall who won olympic gold for hockey last olympics...... But I mean I do like the odd American I mean your cheese ain't bad, ummmm hmmmmmmm can't think of anything else positive I'll have to think a little more :D

Hahaha as you said that kids were asking for cheese

Ainsworth...well maybe they looked at you funny when you asked for 10.00 or 10 gallons as they knew you wouldn't get far! Especially with USA license plates. Lol. Our gas is a precious commodity!
I was from that area..originally.
Or maybe they just don't get out much or see many tourists. Who knows...also...near ainsworth...slocan valley is where all the draft dodgers went during Vietnam. Guess how they make a living? Hippies...with a lot of organic gardening going on!
So maybe the border gets issues with bringing things in and out. Did you go through Paterson border?
Usually we are all pretty casual and apologetic and. I was told wispy washy by an American relative!

Back
Top Bottom