Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-13-2011, 05:18 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Originally Posted by j2112j View Post
I have been told a place in Burnaby called Islandpets is nice. The owner bought out BigAl's. He also owns his own coral farm.

On another note.
I had priced a few things out on BigAl's website and then went in to my local outlet. The prices however were much higher.
The short version is that I left feeling the guy I had spoken to was untrustworthy. I couldn't even access the USA site using his laptop, kept redirecting me to the Canadian site. Guess they had it blocked. Not cool.
He did say that the USA stores will not ship to Canada.
I found that to be hard to believe but I tried filling out an order on the USA site and it would not allow me to enter a Canadian address... ?
Call them directly and give them your address
However you will still have to deal with brokerage fees
I had the guys from fosters and smith quote me for shipping a forty dollar item and it was 123 plus any brokerage fees
If you live close to the border use one of the address services

Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

It is almost a scam ... BigAl's & PetSmart both have US sites with prices up to 50% less than the Canadian counterpart, and they will not ship to Canada.

If you are in Burnaby, you might just as well drive rent a PO Box & drive across the border. There are also cross border shipping services springing up on the net ... no idea how good those are tho.

80 gal FW with 30 gal DIY wet/dry/sump.
9 fancy golds, 1 hillstream loaches, 1 rubber-lip pleco (C. thomasi), 3 SAEs, small school of white cloud minnows, planted.
jsoong is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com