Downtown Toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeffreyBowers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! New to the forum! Loving reading up everyone's posts. I'm about to start a freshwater aquarium at home and had a question. I live downtown Toronto and was hoping to get some fish and wanted to check out big als but none of them are really close to downtown and I would need to use the TTC for travel. How long can fish be kept in the bag from the store to get back home. I guess I mean if I'm going to be taking a hour or two to get somewhere is that a safe time to be travelling back home with them? Or should I stick to the smaller stores that are closer to my home?

Thanks in advance guys!
Jeffrey

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've had to travel about an hour and a half before with fish to get them home without any deaths. You just have to be careful with how the bag is handled and when you're acclimating them. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

At our club auctions, fish are often in the bag for 18 or more hours, and they generally do fine. It is important that there be not a lot of water in the bag. Somewhere around 30% water to 70% air works best. Fish shops should know this.

At our club auctions, fish are often in the bag for 18 or more hours, and they generally do fine. It is important that there be not a lot of water in the bag. Somewhere around 30% water to 70% air works best. Fish shops should know this.

Is it an aquarist club in Toronto?

Hey guys! New to the forum! Loving reading up everyone's posts. I'm about to start a freshwater aquarium at home and had a question. I live downtown Toronto and was hoping to get some fish and wanted to check out big als but none of them are really close to downtown and I would need to use the TTC for travel. How long can fish be kept in the bag from the store to get back home. I guess I mean if I'm going to be taking a hour or two to get somewhere is that a safe time to be travelling back home with them? Or should I stick to the smaller stores that are closer to my home?

Thanks in advance guys!
Jeffrey

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi Jeffrey,

Have you setup your aquarium yet? Just curious. If so share some pictures :)

Maj

Back
Top Bottom