Finally a Kijiji win!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikey5290

Aquarium Advice Activist
Finally had a success with Kijiji. Usually someone always beat me to the deals; but not today.
Picked up a 50gallon and 15gallon for.....free!!! Woohoo!:dance:

Now what to put in it??? Probably just wait and use it to grow out mbuna fry (three females holding right now)....

Mike

Wow! Very lucky! I almost picked up a 150gal for 50$ on kijiji but decided not to.

15g would be a sump lol. 50g can do a lot. Depends how difficult and aggressive you want.

Finally had a success with Kijiji. Usually someone always beat me to the deals; but not today.
Picked up a 50gallon and 15gallon for.....free!!! Woohoo!:dance:

Now what to put in it??? Probably just wait and use it to grow out mbuna fry (three females holding right now)....

Mike

Oh so cool ! I'm jealous lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

IllusionX--sorry, didn't realize you were loking for a response.

But in my defense I have been very busy with 2 batches of fry, should have the third this weekend.
Built the stand for the 50gallon and filled it today. Yes I decided to use it as the grow out tank (fry are in a 20g for now).

And your idea for the 15g sump was my original thought. It is in rougher shape than my 20g otherwise I would use it. Do you think 15g would hold enough media to make the project worthwhile? I was thinking of using coarse sponge and ceramic rings, I have no sump experience, and just starting to watch some you tube videos to get a better idea.

If not I have a HOB and sponge filters as other options.

Wow! Very lucky! I almost picked up a 150gal for 50$ on kijiji but decided not to.

15g would be a sump lol. 50g can do a lot. Depends how difficult and aggressive you want.

A 150g for $50????? I don't care I would have bought it that's a steal... All the tanks around here above 75g are wayyyy overpriced.

Caleb

There are pretty sick deals from time to time. Like a 120g with a fluval fx5 for 250$. That's the price I paid for my 4ft 65g with an Eheim 2217.

IllusionX--sorry, didn't realize you were loking for a response.

But in my defense I have been very busy with 2 batches of fry, should have the third this weekend.
Built the stand for the 50gallon and filled it today. Yes I decided to use it as the grow out tank (fry are in a 20g for now).

And your idea for the 15g sump was my original thought. It is in rougher shape than my 20g otherwise I would use it. Do you think 15g would hold enough media to make the project worthwhile? I was thinking of using coarse sponge and ceramic rings, I have no sump experience, and just starting to watch some you tube videos to get a better idea.

If not I have a HOB and sponge filters as other options.

That's ok. Cuz you were deciding what to put inside, so I wanted to know how aggressive you wanted your fishes be.
50g fry tank that's big. Hehe what kinda fishes are you breeding?

Right now it is-
Yellow labs-fry already
Rusties-female holding
Afra cobue-fry already

These seem to be the most popular in my area, so should be fairly easy to sell once I have selected the ones I want to keep.

Back
Top Bottom