From Ireland, new to BC.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamsB

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i moved from Ireland to Kelowna in January. Finally have my finances sorted out so i want to get back into fish keeping. I've had everything from a 30L tank to a 200L. At one time i had 5 tanks with livestock. I've kept and successfully breed Tiger Barbs and Multies (Neolamprologus multifasciatus) and tried with some Corys but unfortunately ran out of time (deadline for moving to Canada) before being successful.

So, I'm here for some advice. In Kelowna fish stock and aquariums IMO are of poor standard. I'm not sure if i can name shops (the Irish forum i was part of we couldn't) so i wont. First off I need an aquarium. What are the better brands in Canada? Back home it was primarily Juwel or Fluval/Hagen. I've seen a few kinds here , one in particular i was really not impressed with how messy the silicone joints were. It just looked like an average DIY job.

Once i find a decent aquarium, 140L or so i need good healthy stock. Seeing as i don't drive i think delivery may be the better option. But i do like to see what I'm buying and where their from so has anyone got any hands on experience with buying fish online? Good or bad?

Any advice on this would be great, Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom