Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Canada
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-03-2015, 02:54 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

Here is my new plants Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428083632.231250.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	269112

Old 04-03-2015, 02:55 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks healthy to me.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Old 04-03-2015, 02:58 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

The cycle bacteria shouldn't interrupt things, you should be fine. Does the cycle bacteria contain dechlorinator because if it doesn't I'd say that's what got the angels.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:05 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRC Exotics View Post
The cycle bacteria shouldn't interrupt things, you should be fine. Does the cycle bacteria contain dechlorinator because if it doesn't I'd say that's what got the angels.

Most bacteria supplements don't actually work BUT some people have had them work that's why they are controversial. We will see how it goes.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Old 04-03-2015, 03:07 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

the first angel died before I did the water change ( before I made the mistake of putting cycle bacteria instead of dechlorinator ) maybe I didn't even make that mistake im jst thinking I might have. the second angel is actually not dead yet but is definitely dying.she is on her side in a separate smaller tank with a gentle filter ,heater to 81degrees and brand new dechlorinated water maybe it will make it but I don't think so because it's the same symptoms that happened to the first angel. I actually didn't read the cycle bottle to see if it had dechlorinator in it. (But I added the regular amount of my normal dechlorinator this morning into my tank just incase ) don't know if I did it too late.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:08 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would check and see. How big is the new "container" for the Angel?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Old 04-03-2015, 03:19 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

I checked the nutrafin cycle it has no dechlorinator. . Now The angel is In Only 5 gallons of water. But she is small the body is Abit bigger than the size of a dollar (about 1.5 inches)
Old 04-04-2015, 03:03 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist

I don't think I forgot to put dechlorinator in the whole tank. If anything maybe just the last bucket I might have grabbed the cycle instead. - But Im still wondering why both my Angels died. - Maybe it was the acclimation (not long enough? 15min float bag. Add tank water wait 10min,add more tank water wait 10 min then I put them in tank) or -the temperature (79) , I just tested the water again and it's still ph 7. Ammonia 0. nitrite 0.1 and nitrate 5(or abit less than 5). - How will I know when my tank is fully cycled? & - How often should i test the water?
Old 04-04-2015, 03:04 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yesterday I did a 100percent water change (but didn't clean the filter or the rocks) - Should I change the water again? I also just bought a timer for my light. Put it on at 11am and turns off at 10pm.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lights shouldn't run more than 8 hours a day. Past 8 you can run into algae problems.

As BB multiply they work to take out ammonia first, you dose ammonia(Fishless cycle) or you have some stock(fish in cycle) to make the ammonia. Next, they will tackle nitrite, both ammonia and nitrite over time will try to skyrocket in level. This is part of the process and why in fish in cycling you do a lot of water changes. Once your BB can clear high levels of ammonia and nitrite in 24 hours with only a byproduct of nitrate, your tank is cycled.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Tags
6 gallon, gallon, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com