Info for Octopuses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craneno

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I am very new to the site and just have a general question: is it possible to have an octopus as a pet in Alberta, Canada? I have read that people who do often have the brown octopus but not sure about their location. Anyone in Alberta know? Thanks!

Since you can buy frozen octopus by the hundreds at any Asian market, I would imagine it would be ok pretty much anywhere to keep one as a pet.

This makes sense to me. Just a matter if finding an actual reputable business that will provide.

They are quite common and on every wholesale stock list. Any salt water store should be able to order one for you easily.

Haha. I am aware. I've always been fascinated by them. I have seen many educations programmes featuring or mentioning them. I would not get one without doing the proper research, etc...

Just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into. They are awesome and fascinating creatures. The only creature i think more fascinating is the cuttle fish.

Back
Top Bottom