Just found great webiste - Great for Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mazdaman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
its - jlaquatics.com

Really, really good prices. It seems you would need to spend over $200 to make it worth while (free shipping within Canada over $200) But for major purchases, well worth it.

Example Bigalsonline - rena filstar xp2 $149.99(cdn)
jlaquatics - rena filstar xp2 109.95 (cdn)

WHAT A DIFFERENCE
check it out

nice find, Ironically, mos tfilters and stuff are cheaper at petsmart. (Fluval 404 is 169 BA is 179)

Next order I'll just get sent up from the states, I was looking at the pricing and BA in the US has the 404 for 90$, USD, after shipping, customs cost and duties, it will be about 140$, huge price difference.

the XP2 price is good tho, it's 80$ US after shipping and stuff comes to about 120$.

at least now I have another place to look :D thanks :)

still not as low as jlaquatics. I will probably move up to the xp3 because it's only $149.95 on the site. I will be buying over 200 so shipping will be free. 200w heaters for like 25 bucks... Cheap man

Way ahead of you...I first ordered from them a couple of years ago, although I can usually find the stuff locally for the same or better prices.

I don't know where you live in Canada

I don't know where you live in Canada, but if you live in the lower mainland of British Columbia, Kind Ed pets in Burnaby can't be beat for their prices on equipment, refills, media, etc.

I just picked up the largest bottles of mela fix and pima fix (16 oz) for only $11.99 each there and their hikari blood worms, the large flat pack was only $13.99 whereas it is usually $16.99 or more everywhere else.

The downfall...the place is CRAMPED! I'm not sure about their livestock either. It looked kinda iffy.

I also just got fluval 304 at my local store,Pauls' aquarium, last week and it was only $99 bucks. It was the same price at King Ed's.

Check around and make sure you're getting the best possible deal.

Good luck :wink:

I think I've placed 4-5 order from JL in the last 3 months
Its been in a couple other posts here....BUT dont stop looking. sooner or later there will be something cheaper yet!

Back
Top Bottom