Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Canada
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-22-2004, 02:12 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
i am the ONLY tenant in my apartment complex with ANY lights out as of December 21 ... it is quite sad
That is sad. Trevor and I were walking our friends' dogs this evening and thought we would see some lights. They were few and far between . We didn't walk long due to the cold and the dogs are grey hounds, even with their little jackets, they were quite chilly. After walking the dogs, we went straight home. There didnt't seem to be any fun lit houses aroung

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 02:17 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SerLunchbox Send a message via AIM to SerLunchbox Send a message via MSN to SerLunchbox Send a message via Yahoo to SerLunchbox
I am quite disappointed with the lack of lights in the city. Ah well, when we eventually have a house, i am decorating all out like my grandfather used to do to his house! not one square centimeter was left without a light on it. excessive but worth it for the joy it brought to people ... anyways ... now i am back to the real purpose of the post

Tankless ... for now ... until i find what i really want (and what the wife lets me get!)
SerLunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 04:02 AM   #13
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Lots of lights in my area (Mount Pleasant/Crescent Heights/Rosedale)....plus we have the big Lions light display on 14th St. If you really want a big light display, hit the big display in Airdrie....its massive and free.
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:21 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sorry to hijack, but do they have a good selection of aquariums and such at the auctions? I'm wondering if its worth the 8 hr drive to Calgary and check out this auction. I'm looking for a cheap(of course) 200 gal or there about reef tank and some lighting to go with it.

thanks
Ian
Old 12-24-2004, 01:50 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SerLunchbox Send a message via AIM to SerLunchbox Send a message via MSN to SerLunchbox Send a message via Yahoo to SerLunchbox
it would be best to ask Toirtis or menagerie as they have more experience in what the auctions hold. I would say yes but i really have no idea. and no reason it appologize ... we're all canadians here. Just gives us a beer or shine and we're all good!

Tankless ... for now ... until i find what i really want (and what the wife lets me get!)
SerLunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 03:05 AM   #16
God of primitive fishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyian
Sorry to hijack, but do they have a good selection of aquariums and such at the auctions? I'm wondering if its worth the 8 hr drive to Calgary and check out this auction. I'm looking for a cheap(of course) 200 gal or there about reef tank and some lighting to go with it.

thanks
Ian
Lots up to around 60 gallons, but only very rarely anything bigger than that (too much work to haul). But the real deals are in the Calgary Bargain Finder newspaper...you can get it online: http://www.buysell.com/index.asp?r=26&ud=false

There are often absolutely incredible deals in there...well worth the trip from Kamloops (which, incidentally, I will be visiting in about a week...need anything? ).
Old 12-24-2004, 02:28 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Definitely check out the Bargain Hunter!!

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 02:33 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

They do have a few good deals loke the 4' tank with metal halides for $1200.00 the only problem is I already have a 90 gal and I want BIGGER. Just this obsession I have. That and beer are my only two vises.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:29 PM   #19
God of primitive fishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyian
They do have a few good deals loke the 4' tank with metal halides for $1200.00 the only problem is I already have a 90 gal and I want BIGGER. Just this obsession I have. That and beer are my only two vises.
Keep watching...occasionally (or actually, fairly frequently), someone will be moving and will have a large tank/system for sale quite cheaply....in recent memory I can recall about 8 systems of 240-450 gallons, all going for below $1400 each.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:40 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sweet i'll have to keep an eye on that.

Tags
light, lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com