New here -- source for bichirs and eels in Winnipeg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great Toirtis, thanks I'll check and see if they can get it in (I'm sure that they don't have it -- we are a fairly small community, if I order it now, they MAY have it by Christmas on loan from another library).

I managed to log on at work -- 8 hours into my shift things have finally quieted down... it's just the calm before the storm I assure you. I showed my co-workers some goggled pics of bichirs tonight and they all think I'm crazy but, none of them owns anything more exotic than a poodle :p

Shouldn't have my computer down for more than 48 hours -- can't live without it until I'm done all of the research for this tank.

Take care.

LydiaGreen said:
Great Toirtis, thanks I'll check and see if they can get it in (I'm sure that they don't have it -- we are a fairly small community, if I order it now, they MAY have it by Christmas on loan from another library).

eBay is your friend....copies show up regularly on there and usually go very reasonably.

YAY! I'm back online.

Still plotting the 375 but, waiting anxiously for the call about my 55. I want to get Bubbles (the red cap) back in with his crew but, since I took him out the smaller red cap has taken over in dominance in that tank (the little whelp) -- he bosses the two fantails around even though they are much bigger than he is. So, I don't want to put Bubbles back in the 44 -- when I have the 55 up and running it will be new territory for everyone. I think Bubbles is back to 100% but, I don't want to risk any more injuries to him (took almost three months for him to recover from the accident). It'll be a few weeks I'm sure... I do have an entire week off at the end of September when I wanted to do the styrofoam background for the 55, water test, etc... but it might have to wait unfortunately. My mother just had surgery but, she also has had a couple of offers on her house -- one of them wants her out October 4th so, I would have to travel there and pack for her (she's staying with us while she recuperates).

Still, I WILL get the 55 done ASAP. I also want to order an XP2 for that tank but will use the HOB from the 44 to get the 55 cycled. I guess I'd better get a move on the order for the sand too, eh? So many fish, so little time.

Thanks again for all of the advice Toirtis. I heard back from Spencer Jack. He can get the elephant noses that I have been wanting for a long time for the 44 (after I get the golds and dojos moved into the 55). I had been told that they were almost impossible to get but, talk to Spencer and I guess it isn't so! So, thank you for recommending him.

The bichirs are another story... he does get them now and again but not on a truly consistent basis. Still, with the lengthy time period I have allotted with getting things ready, I'm sure he'll be able to work with me. He doesn't currently have any of the smaller species that you had recommended - he has an ornate but, I just don't think I want to go that big on the species. He may talk me into it yet though, the ornates are beautiful creatures...... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom