November 14th--Fish Auction in Calgary!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I plan on being there for the whole thing as well! I order some lights for my 58 so I am on the low/medium light plants hunt!!!! :)

I am really looking forward to the 14th.. Go the countdown on!!

MOOOOSe

PS> menagerie Tanks has a couple varieties of Julichromis!!!

PS> menagerie Tanks has a couple varieties of Julichromis!!!
I know :wink: I need to get down there and chat with Gary, but school work is preventing me from going :(

And I need to get together a list o'things I want to get rid of at the auction!

Going to be at least 4-6 Synodontis petricola at the auction, I found out last night, plus some dalmation sailfin mollies, several tanks, and 2-3 stands. I am trying to pry out of each vendor some idea of what they will be bringing.

I am bringing fake plants, log decorations (sm, med and large) and a lighting fixture with light that was on our 80 gal tank.

Will the format be two auctioneers? That moved nice and quick at the last auction.

I hope it will be two of us...it will likely all depend on whether Dave wants to join me on stage, or just relax...of the two other chaps that used to do a lot of the auctioneering, one moved to BC, and the other hasn't been to a CAS function in months.

10 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you bringing Toirtis????

I might be getting my work tank if I bring enough $$ with me... :)

webmoose said:
What are you bringing Toirtis????

Some tanks, a stand or two, some equipment, some dalmation sailfin molly fry, couple of loaches, some decorations, some plants, and possibly some assorted fish.....about 15-20 lots in all.

webmoose said:
What kind of cories? :)

I had not planned on bringing any at all, but one member of the society just posted for sale the following ones:

Corydoras sodalis wild stock 5 x $6 each
Corydoras sterbai 5 x $10 each

e-mail me if you want his number.

So far I have put together 25 lots to take, and may be able to bump that up to 30 by sale day. We may see 600+ lots yet (which will make this the biggest fish auction West of Ontario)! Quite a few lots coming down from Edmonton and Red Deer, too, I understand.

61 hours till viewing, 62 hours to auction start....and counting...

We may see 600+ lots yet
That would be fantastic!!! I have filled my 20 lots, but will let Mike know that I need 25, incase I find more crud that needs to go.

Webmoose--are you still with us?!? I hope you have not passed out :wink:

600+ right on!

Oh ya I'm here. I ended up going to a movie last night.

Approx 52 hours to go!! and if all goes well my lights should arrive today in advance of picking up some plants for the tank!

:)

Back
Top Bottom