Ordering Fish Online- Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquamami8326

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've never ordered fish online before, and being in saskatchewan the nearest pet stores are hours upon hours away. I was just wondering what your thoughts are on ordering fish online. And if it is something you suggest, what are some of the best sites that you use? By best I mean, they know what kind of fish they are actually selling, send you the proper fish, and your fish arrive happy and healthy (as happy as a fish could be after all that). I've just heard a buttload of horror stories about people receiving the wrong fish, dead fish, severely diseased fish etc..

Freshwater, where I find my problem :( I can only seem to find saltwater sites for the most part. I am looking at ordering
Fancy Goldfish- Oranda, Pearlscales, Lionheads
Bettas- Not the common type, I am specifically looking for Crowntails and other fin variations
I would also like yellow labs, but there very common at the petstore I make day trips too.

I've had mostly good experiences online.Most private sellers are Aquarists like you and I, So they tend to love their fish and take good care of them. With that being said I got burnt once. So make sure you have a clear understanding of the sellers DOA policy before you commit. Most reputable dealers will guarantee their shipments 100%. Be leary of those that don't. Whenever I sell something online I will gaurantee it, because It leaves my place healthy, and short of postal delays there is no reason for them not to survive.

I used to...don't have a website setup for that...but I did do a lot before.i cut back.

Bettas could be done overnight by mail...or 2 days. Winter is harder. I get alot

image-188052348.jpg

of fancy bettas. Double tsil, half moon, dragon scale, crown etc.

Back
Top Bottom