Trip to Winnipeg - WOOT!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LydiaGreen

Aquarium Advice Regular
So, I had to go to Winnipeg unexpectedly (funeral) and I thought since I get to the city so seldomly, I would take a look at one of the larger box stores for whatever might interest me. I got an XP2 on sale for $160.00!!!
I figured by the time I paid shipping, duty and exchange to order it from the states I'd be spending almost $200.00 so, I snapped it up. Then, the guy who's just sold me the XP2 for my new 55 gallon, tells me that they just got in some bichirs!!! They had some endlicheri endlicheri and some albino senegals. They were listing the endlicheri as very rare and at $79.99 each (you could save if you bought two or more). They wanted around $40 for the albino senegals.

Granted the saddled were SO beautiful but I couldn't remember the other name (endlicheri) and I was thinking it was perhaps delhezi. I am SO glad I reined myself in and didn't impulsively buy them. A) endlicheri is perhaps a little bigger than I intended on adding to the big tank (when it's done) and B) I don't have a cycled tank to put them in right now... the 55 is sitting empty in the basement waiting for my hubby to finish the subfloors.

I would absolutely love an endlicheri and an ornate but, I'm pretty certain that means I would have to give up wanting the senegals, delhezi, retropinnis, etc. If a few of them are the smaller species then they should ALL be smaller species, right?

The saddled were around 5 inches and the senegals were around 6 inches (different tanks). Proud of myself for not impulse buying and very happy with the XP2 purchase but, most of all... I'm happy that I finally got to see some live bichirs! Now, I'm even more gaga over them! And my husband said they were "kinda cute"!

Back
Top Bottom