$1 per gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yah they are!

image-1095864461.jpg

Upgrade!!!!!!

Attachments

• image-3488034490.jpg
    image-3488034490.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 131
to bad they don't go bigger than 55g
another down fall is they no longer use aqueon tanks in the sale
they now sell tetra tanks for the sale and the glass is a lot thinner and silicon seals are very sloppy

if you talk with the manager, you can get a 75 on sale.

I just noticed this week that they are selling tetra vs aqueon tanks, too..that sucks.

they now sell tetra tanks for the sale and the glass is a lot thinner and silicon seals are very sloppy

What thickness is the aqueon vs the Tetra?

I just bought a 40g Tetra from Petco! Should I return for used/new 75g complete setup

I just bought the 40g breeder from Petco on this sale and am having a hard time locating a lid that will work. I am pretty sure the glass lid has to be one piece bc the Tetra tank doesn't have middle support bracket? It's 36" x 18". Most only ship the foldable lid bc they break during shipping.

These replies here though have me considering returning the tank. It sounds like some here think the Tetra tanks aren't any good? Should I just return it and look elsewhere????

There is a 60 gallon in sale but it is only 12.5 inches deep. I feel bad for the fish with a tank only a foot deep. This tank looks good from front bc it is 24 high but the depth makes it look blah. The 40g breeder I bought is a foot less in length but the 18" depth makes it appear like a cooler environment.

Are these Tetra tanks no good? And are they going to leak?

Someone by me us selling a used new never used 75 g with stand,canopy,lid,light sump and filter and 30 gallon tank as refegium with heater and marine land 350 penguin with 60 lb river rock for $250 maybe less. The tank is Deep Blue tank. The 49 gallon breeder will cost me $200+ with everything anyway. Should I just buy the 75 gallon setup instead given the dislike for Tetra Tanks??? Thanks for anyone's advice....

I have a 20 and 10 gal tetra and they're fine, I guess the glass is a but thinner than aqueon tanks. Per supplies plus is doing $1/1g now and they have aqueon tanks!

I just bought the 40g breeder from Petco on this sale and am having a hard time locating a lid that will work. I am pretty sure the glass lid has to be one piece bc the Tetra tank doesn't have middle support bracket? It's 36" x 18". Most only ship the foldable lid bc they break during shipping.

These replies here though have me considering returning the tank. It sounds like some here think the Tetra tanks aren't any good? Should I just return it and look elsewhere????

There is a 60 gallon in sale but it is only 12.5 inches deep. I feel bad for the fish with a tank only a foot deep. This tank looks good from front bc it is 24 high but the depth makes it look blah. The 40g breeder I bought is a foot less in length but the 18" depth makes it appear like a cooler environment.

Are these Tetra tanks no good? And are they going to leak?

Someone by me us selling a used new never used 75 g with stand,canopy,lid,light sump and filter and 30 gallon tank as refegium with heater and marine land 350 penguin with 60 lb river rock for $250 maybe less. The tank is Deep Blue tank. The 49 gallon breeder will cost me $200+ with everything anyway. Should I just buy the 75 gallon setup instead given the dislike for Tetra Tanks??? Thanks for anyone's advice....

If you have use for the 75 gallon setup for 250 I would jump on it.

I've got a 55 tetra tank and so far no leaks but the silicone joints are sloppy and it makes popping sounds every now and then. I kinda don't trust it

right? i really don't like how the tetra tanks are completely tempered whereas the other ones were only tempered on the bottom glass.

right? i really don't like how the tetra tanks are completely tempered whereas the other ones were only tempered on the bottom glass.
Why would that be a negative? Tempered glass is stronger than standard glass.

If you have use for the 75 gallon setup for 250 I would jump on it.

I've got a 55 tetra tank and so far no leaks but the silicone joints are sloppy and it makes popping sounds every now and then. I kinda don't trust it

That's a little bit scary. I bet it is probably normal though. The way I was looking at it if I go big with 4 foot long and 18" deep I might as well go a little bigger to 150 -200 gallon for not much bigger space if I can find one for 5' long x 24" deep. Then it would still go in the same place but look better bc it is bigger. I can get something of the sort for $500-$600 with everything including the fish :fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2:.
I am a little stand off ish with these drilled tanks that have sumps and refugiums. I'm scared of leaks and too much work. I only have experience with hang on filters and have already ordered a marine land Emperor 400 and eheim 250 watt heater bc I thought I was going to buy the 60 gallon tank/stand for under $300 new. I also have my old Marineland 30g that I just cleaned with good stand in my garage waiting to get back in service. I'd rather start with one bigger one bc my wife will give me lip about how the 30 g stand looks.
I bought the 40g bc the manager discounted the Brooklyn metal stand to $15 so it was hard to pass up but I still have to spend money to put a shelve in it and somehow find a way to cover the front or add curtain and a rod. All adding the the bottom dollar cost and aggregation factor. I prob will spend another $60 and it will look fair. Only benefit is I can screw castor wheels onto bottom and be able to move aquarium (I think) out of the way when we do a new floor in a year or so. That also played into decision if me buying the 40g with $15 Brooklyn metal stand. This is different location than where a bigger one would go.

Can't drill em :(
ohhhhhhhh, did not think of that, that would be a negative yes, there has to be a way to drill then though, all the glass shower doors we use are 1/2" thick tempered glass and they are drilled for hinges and the handle!

ohhhhhhhh, did not think of that, that would be a negative yes, there has to be a way to drill then though, all the glass shower doors we use are 1/2" thick tempered glass and they are drilled for hinges and the handle!

I'm willing to bed that your shower door has a metal frame. It's the frame that is drilled, not the glass.

Back
Top Bottom