10g -> 29g Upgrade!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevinKY

Aquarium Advice Regular
So it took about three weeks but I was finally able to find a decent deal on CL for a new tank. The decor is a bunch of stuff just kind of tossed in until I plan a layout.

Here it is:
tank_front.jpg

tank_side.jpg

Comments, questions, and concerns are all welcomed and appreciated. (I am still rather new at this.)

AquStockImage.php

I'm not a fan of colored substrates or artificial plants, but if you enjoy your setup Thats all that matters. Congrats on the score. Consider stepping up to live plants after some time.

Thanks! I am not personally a fan of the decor but the kids do enjoy it. For now, only small changes here and there. The goal is to keep the kids interested in fish so that hopefully we can continue to share a common passion. Over time it will either evolve into a natural planted tank with a cool center piece of driftwood or I will be purchasing another tank. (Maybe both? And so starts the MTS lol)

Here is one of the Gourami's that was rescued from the previous owner. His color seems to finally be coming back. The reds were so light it almost looked pink.

Red_Gourami03_15_14.png

He is still the shy one out of the bunch but has no problem coming out to say hi on picture day. I dont get it? :ermm:

Finally got around to changing this tank. It still isnt what I really want but I continue to remind myself that its important to keep the kids interested in my passion so we can continue to share our love for fish.

I did manage to pickup 4 more 10 gallon tanks and a 15 gallon holding setup in the time that has passed since I started this thread. (I guess MTS has really gotten a hold of me? lol) I also picked up 50lbs of pool filter sand that will be put in this 29 gallon after my driftwood project has been completed.

Anyway, pictures or it didnt happen right? :brows:

oh yeah, we have a few new additions to the tank: 3 new panda platies that just came out of QT, 4 new fry from a rainbow platy, and a subtraction of a red flame gourami that died of cancer :(

Guess that's it for now. If you have any questions feel free to ask and thanks for reading my ramblings! :p

Attachments

• DSCF9678.jpg
    DSCF9678.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom