10gal fish ideas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alex07 said:
They need to be in a school of at least of 5 and they grow bigger than 2".

I would pay to see a more than two inches full-grown cherry barb. The biggest cherry barb I have ever seen is 1.5 inches. IMO/E they are fine in ten gallons if it is longer than it is taller.

bruinsbro1997 said:
I would pay to see a more than two inches full-grown cherry barb. The biggest cherry barb I have ever seen is 1.5 inches. IMO/E they are fine in ten gallons if it is longer than it is taller.

I would of taken your money if I would of kept them. Several people have had cherry barbs bigger than 2"

I completely agree with Coursair and bruins. I am jstfinch's brother-in-law, and i wouldn't have given him the cherries if I knew they would get too big. I have never seen a cherry get any larger than 1.5 inches max. I think all of these websites claiming that they need a 20g are just ridiculous. They are not THAT active and stay fairly small, so I see no reason a 10g is not sufficient.

This is a 10 gallon planted that is my favorite of all my tanks. It is stocked with a happy, healthy community of 2 dalmation mollies 1 Mickey mouse platy 1 guppy and 3 Stein Cory cats :) it is planted with about 8 stem plants and there is also a Crypt in there. I use no Ferts or C02 injections, I also use no filter media in my hang on back filter but I keep it on to create current. But i would not recomend this until you are sure you have a stable ecology in your tank. As long as you are smart about a plant to fish ratio and let the ecology build slow, you can have a lot of life in your little tank.

He already has it stocked with the school of Cherry Barbs and the Dwarf Gourami. Hopefully some Ghost Shrimp.

Cart.Poe, mollies have no place in a 10g tank. They can grow up to 6 inches and should be placed in a 29 gallon tank minimum.

yeah I hope to get some ghost shrimp if my freakin LFS would keep them in stock or order them, because they told me that a lot of people ask for them. I wanna go all natural with real plants just gotta convince the wife that its better for the fish...any plant ideas?

Depends on what type of lighting and how strong. If you are going with same lighting as me (2x 13W CFL), then low-med light plants. I.E. Java Fern, Java Moss, Anacharis, Hornwort, Marimo Balls, Sword Plants, etc.

I'm no professional or anything I barely set up my 10 gallon in June but I have 1 Anubia Nana on a rock that I got from PetSmart, I chose it specifically because it looked healthy and sure enough its growing leaves.
I should also add I have a low tech low light (18 watt fluorescent light over a glass canopy)
I also purchased a Driftwood with Anubia (I don't know if its barteri but its bigger than the nana)
Just recently I bought an Anacharis, now I have no ferts or anything but the anacharis is growing already almost hitting the top of the water, and the anubia on the driftwood is sprouting a new leaf as well. Those are my recommendations since I'm having success with them so far and haven't needed anything to help them grow.

Back
Top Bottom