1gal bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Athaocity

Aquarium Advice Freak
sooo I finally got myself a one gallon bowl. happy! but clueless how I will project this bowl. what I have planned is to plant it with cryptocoryne and add root tabs. and maybe a snail.

no filter, heater, etc. (ill look into these if im going to decide on adding a snail).

and well heres the bowl.

ForumRunner_20121020_223815.jpg

side question-- if you had a one gal bowl what would you do to it?

its like 10 shrimp per gallon. You could probably go like 8 ghost shrimp and be just fine, doing your water changes etc

KevinM said:
its like 10 shrimp per gallon. You could probably go like 8 ghost shrimp and be just fine, doing your water changes etc

really? for ghost, I thought it was one gallon per shrimp. aha! that'd be sweet. but then that means I have to get a heater and filter.
. ____.

Athaocity said:
really? for ghost, I thought it was one gallon per shrimp. aha! that'd be sweet. but then that means I have to get a heater and filter.
. ____.

Ten per gal is for RCS

maybe it was RCS sorry. I keep about 20 ghost in a 5 gallon and they are just fine. they dont last long tho. I breed them for food hehe

Also watch what shrimp you get. Some are cold water, like ghost. I keep the tank around 68 degs. if they are in my 75g Hatchet/Rainbow tank longer then 3 or 4 days they cook

ok. thanks. i like rcs, but I wont be getting shrimp for the bowl. ill stick with plants on this one. btw I have this crazy idea for the bowl. ill try to get a sketch and share it soon.

Pink and blue ramshorns!
ramshorn%2520copy.jpg

heres my crazy plan.
what I intend to do with the bowl.

ForumRunner_20121022_202921.jpg

I got the idea from the planted hob I found out from rivercats. heres the inspiring pic that took my breath away

edit» well crud, its not 'my crazy idea'. instead a hob and tank, my idea was to just do that to a bowl.
but my main goal is to get cryptocoryne and grow it out so whenever I can set up my 20 gallon I can add it in. not sure how its going to turn out.

ForumRunner_20121022_203251.jpg

callisto9 said:
Your drawing alone is fantastic!

thanks callisto. :)
hey, you have any sites you can refer to me about rashorm snails?? didnt know snails can be pink and blue lol

thanks callisto. :)
hey, you have any sites you can refer to me about rashorm snails?? didnt know snails can be pink and blue lol
I got mine off eBay (Aquabid has them, too), but I'm pretty sure some members here might have some to share. I know I will...soon. LOL

callisto9 said:
I got mine off eBay (Aquabid has them, too), but I'm pretty sure some members here might have some to share. I know I will...soon. LOL

okay ill look into it when I get the chance. thanks again

Back
Top Bottom