2.5 tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjrobbins2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
THIS IS A NEW TANK; A FEW
WEEKS OLD!
I have rocks at the bottom, one plastic plant and a little cave for my fish to chill in. It took a while for my fish to get used to the cave. Now whenever I have the light on, they like to hide in either the cave or behind the plant. when the light is off, all the fish swim around happily. Should I be concerned? Also, how do I know if they even eat, or of the food just floats to the bottom? Answers please :]

mjrobbins2 said:
THIS IS A NEW TANK; A FEW
WEEKS OLD!
I have rocks at the bottom, one plastic plant and a little cave for my fish to chill in. It took a while for my fish to get used to the cave. Now whenever I have the light on, they like to hide in either the cave or behind the plant. when the light is off, all the fish swim around happily. Should I be concerned? Also, how do I know if they even eat, or of the food just floats to the bottom? Answers please :]

What Kind of fish? It's normal for fish to be a little skittish at first. Is your tank cycled? How many fish do you have? What type of lighting. Filter, heater?

Currently I have some starter fish. Not sure of the name. I have two of the same breed, then one by itself. The tank is cycled, and there is no heater (I keep my apartment fairly warm).

I'd say it's normal for fish in a new tank to be a little nervous. Probably waiting for night time to come out and check there home out.

mjrobbins2 said:
Currently I have some starter fish. Not sure of the name. I have two of the same breed, then one by itself. The tank is cycled, and there is no heater (I keep my apartment fairly warm).

Can you post picture? There aren't too many fish that can be kept in a 2.5 gallon tank.

Can you post picture? There aren't too many fish that can be kept in a 2.5 gallon tank.

Attachments

• image-984802124.jpg
    image-984802124.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 108
  • image-2465594747.jpg
    image-2465594747.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 146
Hopefully you can see the 2 of the same breed I have

Attachments

• image-2907437911.jpg
    image-2907437911.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-4273736007.jpg
    image-4273736007.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 83
Ok I don't want to offend you but those two fish really don't belong in that tank. They will double or even triple in size and need a 20gallon long tank minimum and schools of 6 or more of their own kind. As Gboy said they look like long finned white skirt tetras and they don't look like they are too healthy.

:) what's the other fish?
2.5 gallon tanks are really hard to keep healthy. I have one with a Betta and plan to upgrade him to my 8g quarantine tank as soon as its not in use.
It's actually easier to care for larger tanks because the water conditions don't change as quickly.

Strangely that makes sense and I don't know why I didn't think of that....this picture is really fuzzy because it wouldn't sit still but let me describe it to you: it's thin (as you can tell kinda) and it has thin black lines running horizontally from head to tail.

Attachments

• image-91221895.jpg
    image-91221895.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 62
mjrobbins2 said:
Strangely that makes sense and I don't know why I didn't think of that....this picture is really fuzzy because it wouldn't sit still but let me describe it to you: it's thin (as you can tell kinda) and it has thin black lines running horizontally from head to tail.

Mmm... Google zebra danio and see if that's what you have. They are also schooling fish (like the white skirts you have) and need a 20g long tank minimum.

Back
Top Bottom