300w Marineland Stealth Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
So, i got my new heater in today... im really excited about having a constant temp in my tank. Since its gotten cold, ive found that the heater i did have is less than accurate. It kept a constant 78 while it was warm, but since my 150g sits in front of a window, and only feet from a sliding glass door (not to mention the bedroom is the only room kept real warm at night, and its not in the bedroom :)) the temp of the tank has been as low as 70 in the morning... The reviews for this heater have all been exceptional, so i broke down, spent $20 (with my $5 off coupon for drs foster and smith) and got this heater. I really like the fact that it shows when it is on, as well as when it is not. I can look in my tank now and see either a red glow (on), or a green glow (off)... Anybody else got one?

300w is new for them too. they never had a reg stealth at 300w. i know a couple people who have sent their non working ones in and got them as replacements. i have 4 or so i need to do so my self. a couple i got from people broken.

they just got them like a week ago. they are relatively new. i been using stealths and visi therms for 5-7 years.

well hopefully these will carry the same quality as the visi-therm stealths. I guess im going to set it sideways under both canister intakes so it will distribute the heat more evenly... the one i had wasnt submersible and i had to have it up at the top of the tank... the top right side was always a degree or two warmer than the bottom left corner. Right now its just sitting beside the intake for the 405 which has a spray bar... i had to run to work and didnt have time to take off the top and get my whole arm wet positioning it where i needed it

well, im very happy so far. i wake up this morning, room temp in the living room was right around 60 (i know, my teeth were chattering... the bedroom was around 72 :)) but the tanks temperarture was right at 78... i already love this heater, and im sure my fish do too :)

I am in the same boat. I keep my house about 62 and like my tank to be up near 78. I have used Visi Therms for 15+ years. They work great.

I just picked up a 400 watt non Stealth for my up and coming 150g.

Back
Top Bottom