4 ft tank for free :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan_Forbz

Aquarium Advice Activist
a couple of days ago i asked the pet store if he was able to order in a 4 ft tank for me to start a maingano setup , or perhaps one oscar. he had one sitting the the back that supposedly had a slight leak but he hadn't checked it. so he gave it to me.

got home and filled up, yes it did have a slight leak. so next day i went and got some special non toxic silicon for aquariums and cut all the old silicon away in the leaking joint ( cleaned it up real nice) and did a pretty good job.

in 4 days i can test it. and if it works i got myself a nice 4 ft tank. :)

Just 4 ft :p no width or depth

So it's just a piece of glass? Haha kidding...kidding.

Technically, it couldn't even be a piece of glass without a width...

Just saying...

Kidding, again.

Free stuff is always, always awesome!

free stuff helps keep the costs down.
of course if you keep getting free tanks then you have to buy more stuff for them so maybe it doesnt.
nice find (y)

yer, not a bad size tank. ill be filling it tomorrow to see if the silicon job i did holds. if not i just give it back to the pet store and thats it. someone elses problem. did the silicon job properly, (cut the old away, cleaned all residue from the area, and put the silicon in, now have let it dry for a week. hopefully it holds :)

WOW a 55 Gal tank for the cost of a tub of silicone.

Can't beat that, even if it still leaks, which I doubt by the way you completed the task I would still keep it. If anything else share it with someone else for free, the shop doesn't want it back!

lols to end all guessing of the size i will go and measure the width :p its exactly 13 inches :p so it would be a 55 gal . sadly still not big enough for one oscar :p. what else could i put in it if it works?

angels or rams might work :) ive got a heap of really nice anubias barteri which would go great :) as for angels, how big do they grow? and how many could fit in a 55g?

Back
Top Bottom