Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-02-2014, 03:10 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to jonraho
55 gal Discus Tank

Hey guys,

So recently i decided to set up a 55 gal Discus Tank, with some smaller schooling fishes and bottom feeders.

Was at the local fish market the other day and spotted a few Discus while deciding what to do for my next tank, and just loved them. So.. here i am with the new tank!

I decorated it with sand (larger grains than normal, not fine sand) some anubias plants and a few generic plants, red and green (not sure of the exact name) Dragon stones and a large drift wood.

The drift would hasn't been soaked before, so i soaked it in boiling water for a few hours, (what a pain that was) and it is slowly sinking back to the bottom, though its held in place it still floats up every now and then.

Right now i have 4 Discus in the tank, Breeder told me they are a year old, was originally planning to get smaller juvs ones but went for these guys instead. Thinking to add 2 more soon along with some schooling fish and cory pandas.

Thoughts?

Old 06-02-2014, 05:01 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to jonraho
some close ups of the current set up.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

IMO, the best advice I could give is when you get new Discus, QT them and do not add directly to the tank. It will greatly reduce the chance of problems.

Tags
discus, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com