55 gal stockibg help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cpapp13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a new 55 gallon tank and I would wondering what kind of fish I should put in there. Two 5 inch plecos came with the tank and I transferred 5 neon tetras and 5 blood tetras from my 20 gallon tank. Please help me decide what else I should put in. Thanks

Up both the tetras. They'll look even better in high numbers! I'd do some corydoras, another school of tetras and a cichlid of some kind. Either apistos or rams:). Then I would call it stocked!

Congrats on the new tank. :)
I agree with aquakai about getting a few more of each of those a tetras. I group of more like 10 would look really cool. :)
Corys are super fun too, but there are also some other neat bottom feeders if you don't like corys like kuhli loaches, and porthole catfish for example.
For a centerpiece, there are some very pretty gourami species like the moonlight gourami or the snakeskin gourami.
Just a heads up, if the plecos are common plecos, they will get too big that the tank, so you may want to consider a different home for them if you can. :)

Back
Top Bottom