55 gallon stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CupcakeSmith

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone I am cleaning up my 55 gallon tank and wondering what to stock it with. I wanted to do cichlids but I don't have a big enough tank to have want I was wanting with that. I like dwarf cichlids like blue Rams and would love for those to be apart of a pretty community tank. I would like it to be colorful so I am up to different suggestions. I also wouldn't mind fish that would well with the turquoise rainbow fish I enjoyed watching them a lot back when I had it set up before hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could definitely build a community around rams with some schooling fish and bottom feeders (y)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440382736.432209.jpg

I got everything back inside it now. Bubbler isn't working for some reason though. But other then that I'm pretty happy with it. I want to get a second filter for it. Still debating my stocking options.

Stocking idea:
Blue ram x3
Golden ram x3
Angelfish
Peppered Cory x6
Tiger barb x10

Added tiger barb x 7
Emerald cory fish x6

Starting to cycle the tank. Scratching the idea for an angelfish because of the tiger barbs. Thinking about a different dwarf cichlid instead.

Yes they are that's all they do all day. Lol
Check water today and ammonia levels are still down.

View attachment 276948

I got everything back inside it now. Bubbler isn't working for some reason though. But other then that I'm pretty happy with it. I want to get a second filter for it. Still debating my stocking options.

Sorry, not tring to get off topic but I have the same tree decoration. My loaches and cories love it!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1441210760961.jpg
    1441210760961.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 92
That's awesome!! They have been loving mine as well. The little cories have entertained me so much more then I thought they would. I plan on getting me some more because they are just so cute and fun to watch. Your tank looks awesome by the way!

Doing my first water change today. Fish and my two little plants seem to be doing well. My plants are already starting to sprout new growth which is exciting for me I've never done plants before. I would like to add more eventually.

Thanks! What kind of plants do you have?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't remember what they are called to be honest. But I tried to get pictures of them. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441916175.452540.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441916191.620036.jpg

My well acted up when I was doing my water change so I only got to do like 1/4 of the tank when I was going to do 1/2 but my husband should be fixing it tonight and I will try again hahaha

Hoping to be able to get another filter for the tank next week.

Blah pretty sure I'm starting to see signs of ick. ?

Tiger barbs are cool...but you should check out Odessa barbs. I have a nice sized school and I love to watch them. They stay a bit smaller (so you could have more!!)

Haha yes I already got the tiger barbs. I have tiger barbs and emerald Cory catfish for now. No biggie! Thank you for the suggestion!!!

Update: working on the ick problem but I also have little brown algae popping up everywhere and I'm not sure why.

Cool! Make sure the cories have plenty of hiding spots - when I kept mine with barbs I noticed the top fins getting a little ragged cause they were getting picked on, even though I had 11 barbs to spread the aggression.
Ahhh diatoms..not fun. Nerite snails will help with that ;)

Cool! Make sure the cories have plenty of hiding spots - when I kept mine with barbs I noticed the top fins getting a little ragged cause they were getting picked on, even though I had 11 barbs to spread the aggression.
Ahhh diatoms..not fun. Nerite snails will help with that ;)

Oh yes they have lots of little hiding spots they seem to be pretty happy I want to get a few more of them. The barbs are def little bullies lol but they seem to pick on each other more then the cories at least. I'm also hoping when my tank gets cycled and I am able to add more fish that will also help balance out who they pick on.

I will look into those. I think my son would get a kick out of some snails. He absolutely loves the tank. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom