8" Tiger Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EscVelocity

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is the Oscar that came with the 30g tank i aquired, w/ stand, heater, filter,power head...and the ugly blue gravel. It was all Just 45 bucks :)
img_1029542_0_9983ef2789702b0dff5eb9f71b356384.jpg

Pic of the whole stand, and my 10g.

img_1029542_1_411bd1295e0bafb7f66954ee7125abdd.jpg

The tank is too small for that fish.. he will require a 55g... or he will start to have all kinda issues.... hith.. among other things.... pretty fish though

Even a 55g isn't such a good size since its only 13 in front to back. A 75g+ would be better as they can get up to 15 in.

Nope, but they seem pretty easy if you have the right size tank for them. They eat like pigs, and pretty much anything...even dog food.

He's really funny too, he tries to bury his power head, and i don't think my thermometer is gonna last very long.

My families got massive. My family had him so long he died of old age. Ours was about 13 inches i think when it died. I remember my dad couldn't fit the fish in a bucket when it died and had to use a garbage can. I remember feeding ours beef, my dad basically trained that fish. They are very smart. I basically stuck with aggressive fish my whole life.

Back
Top Bottom