90 gallon tank I purchased over the weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EricVa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all I'm very new to this website and have a couple of questions.
So here goes I have a 120 gallon Community tank. I have a 29 gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid tank and over the weekend I purchased a 90 gallon tank that I want to do something with.I am not sure if I want to do saltwater or another freshwater tank. I always do research before I sit up new tanks but this tank has me a little confused. The dimensions of the tank is 48"L x 13"d x 30"t. Im not sure if this will make a good saltwater tank or not because there is not a lot of surface area? Another thought I had was to to take the fish in my 120 and put them in the 90 and then turn the 120 into a saltwater because those dims. are 48"l x 24"d x 24"t.
Just lookin for any advice on this or any suggestions on a good setup for the 90. Thanks

WELCOME!

What will work best is in large part due to what you want to keep. Either tank would work fine for a SW tank. If you want fish like Tangs and Angels, the bigger the better. But both tanks are 48" so no real difference. If you want to do a SW though, either tank would make quite a nice display. You may wanna go with the 120 simply because with the shallower tank you should get less dead spots and better flow.

Just food for thought.

[center:c1d669abde] :n00b: Welcome to AA, EricVa!! :smilecolros: [/center:c1d669abde]

I highly encourage you to set up the 90 gal as a Lake Malawi tank. 29 gallons is too small in the long run for those fish. Here is my 80 gal Mbuna tank--they're happy, I'm happy.

Menagerie, didn't anyone ever tell you that your aquariums should be level with the floor. It's no good to set them up all crooked like that........ :wink:

Back
Top Bottom