A. bitaeniata " shishita "

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gillie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got what is hopefully a pair of these guys, all of the fish were very small making sexing very difficult but these 2 were constantly together and the smaller one is a bit yellow and deeper bodied than the larger one so I guess only time will tell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1401335237764.jpg
    1401335237764.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 1401335254040.jpg
    1401335254040.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 183
Oh and sorry for the algae on the glass if it makes it tough to see clearly, I encourage it's growth in all of my grow out and breeding tanks

Sweet! How big are they?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The larger one is just over an inch, it was the biggest and most dominant in the tank and the small one is just about 3/4 of an inch, I haven't had bitaeniata in my tanks for years and a certain friend of mine is not so good at sharing:mad: so I have my fingers crossed

Haha yup, she's playing hard to get under that leaf of hers huh...

She looks close to spawn ready, but if they do spawn I won't expect much from it if anything, because it will be her first and she still isn't even an inch long

She can't lay eggs yet?

She can spawn and I think they may have already, I haven't seen her in a day and a half so she may be gaurding somewhere. I just don't expect much to be produced by such a young fish and I'm betting the survival rate will be even lower.

It will be interesting to see how they do..

So here's an intersting development, I was at the store I bought these guys from and was watching 2 males display at each other and realized I had made a mistake. Even though I picked the largest fish in the tank as a male, it was missing the blue markings in the tail making it a large dominant female. So here's an actual male for my now trio.

Attachments

• 1403491887261.jpg
    1403491887261.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 121
Haha welcome to my apisto tank;) I still have one unsexed.. you get it figured out?

Haha welcome to my apisto tank;) I still have one unsexed.. you get it figured out?

Lol yeah the previous "male" has started to turn quite yellow when I added the new male and there was no aggression or territorial displays between the 2. The funny thing is she gets pushed around by the other female about half her size.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

They all have their own little personalities I suppose.. pretty cool..

Beautiful. Hope they spawn for you soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom