A surfeit of bristlenose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
Well, thanks to a generous fellow aquarium society member, I am now in possession of a dozen, 1" new juvenile common bristlenose cats.....which is good, as I need a couple of females to go with my two mature males, and I should have a few tanks looking a lot more tidy over the next week.

Sounds great, I'll take 2! :p I am actually looking for 1 or 2 though, I hardly ever see them in my local stores.

Well, I was pretty amused until about 10 minutes ago on the telephone with SerLunchBox....his scoop today eclipses mine.....but at least he actually had to pay something for his! :twisted:

On a side note......

As a term of venery could we come up with a good name for a group of bristlenose. The earliest use of surfeit I can find in this context is "A surfeit of slaughter" from c.1000 by Beowulf. I think bristlenose deserve better comany than 'slaughter'.

What about a "scurry of bristlenose" ... but that is used for crabs...
or a "suction of bristlenose"? hehehe :mrgreen:

"An Exultation of Larks" is an interesting book to peruse.

I have a "brush of bristlenose in my tanks"

:lol: :lol: :lol: Matt, that's terrific.

Good luck with them Christian. I've been on the hunt for some brown dwarf BNs. I want to cross them with my albinos to hopefully strengthen the gene pool. These fish are such prolific spawners, yet I never see them for sale at an lfs.

BrianNY said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Matt, that's terrific.

Good luck with them Christian. I've been on the hunt for some brown dwarf BNs. I want to cross them with my albinos to hopefully strengthen the gene pool. These fish are such prolific spawners, yet I never see them for sale at an lfs.

Well, the chap I got mine from figures that he probably has another 30-40 lurking about in there....perhaps I can talk him out of another dozen...you pay shipping...

OK, will do...I will e-mail him and see when he might be in town next (he lives about an hour away from me) and if he still has a bunch of BNs left (they should be a good 1½" each by now).

Thanks Christian. I'm just a little concerned about them getting hung up in customs though. I'm assuming these are coming from Canada.

Yes, but most easily identifiable tropical fish move from Canada to the US quite smoothly...I am doing some research now as to the best, fastest carriers/routes from here to NY, though.

Back
Top Bottom