Acei!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got my acei today!!!! :D 3 of them. So happy lol. They're acclimating to the QT. Pics to come soon. Wish me luck with these guys :).

Uh oh. Two of them seem to be fighting quite a bit, probably two males. One of them also seems to already have a torn back fin :( which I don't think was there before I brought them home.

Thanks. Pics:
img_1110506_0_ac341b7a4af90066ffc14836a23c19f3.jpg

img_1110506_1_c90d6168d83fd57a99b98e84343b5273.jpg

img_1110506_2_4c0e9af18dfc5b5d705c74047e5f4b82.jpg

img_1110506_3_1e1955b625d86589157994079f3c06f3.jpg

Okay, they've all been named. The one with the hurt one is Benvolio, the lighter one is Leonardo and the darker one is Mercutio.

I'd never seen those! Finding acei around here is hard, and usually theyre the light blue with faint yellow tails. The ones Wayne got are beautiful, and so are the ones you linked :)

Thanks mattrox and mfd. Yes that ngara Is darker lol. I bet that's the same species as in that one thread about the dark blue cichlid that needed Identification yesterday.

Ok so I've been watching their behavior and I think Leonardo may be a female (lol) and the other 2 are probably males. Do you think this is ok? My pet store's acei sell like candy because they don't get em in often so I'm not sure how easy it would be to replace any of them :/.

Its seems benvolios injuries have gotten worse since I have been at school :(. I don't have a ride to the pet store and I doubt the first thing my mom wants to do when she gets home is take a 15 min trip to town.

Well the pet store is closed today and theres only a 1 day guarantee. I'm not sure if they'll even take it back if it isn't sick or dead. So I netted the more aggressive one and stuck the net in the corner of the tank to put like a barrier between it and the injured fish. I'm not really sure what else to do. Also the aggressive male seems to be somewhat harassing the what-might-be-a-female (lol).

Well when they move up to the 55 they'll have more fish lol. I'll see about getting more fish after I move them up to the 55.

Back
Top Bottom