Acro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have actually had this acro frag for a little while. However, I moved it up just about 3" in my tank and it started to develop blue tips and a deeper purple base. I think it is pretty cool looking so I wanted to post it. I am really getting into sps, Now I wish I would have got predominately T5HO instead of predominately VHO. Oh well, NONE of my sps have lost any color, but I am assuming they are probably not growing as fast as they could.

Attachments

• IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 68
Hmm , you say none have lost color but you also say that you moved this one higher and it gained color.
SPS perfer good water flow and regular feeding of small meaty bits of food over high lights. But good lighting does help. The fact it looks better higher up means you are lacking total watts. If your have lower watts then higher placment would be best. If you get a btter might system then you would have a wider range for coral placement. Lower means carefull consideration of coral placement.

Hmm , you say none have lost color but you also say that you moved this one higher and it gained color.
SPS perfer good water flow and regular feeding of small meaty bits of food over high lights. But good lighting does help. The fact it looks better higher up means you are lacking total watts. If your have lower watts then higher placment would be best. If you get a btter might system then you would have a wider range for coral placement. Lower means carefull consideration of coral placement.

I wasn't really looking for advice in this thread, and I already know everything you said above, but thanks anyway.

Thanks guys, its been about 3-4 weeks since I moved it up. Its crazy how much of a trial and error process coral placement can be sometimes and what a difference light and flow can make. I always knew it should be higher up, but I just didn't have the extra rock at the time. Now my reef is taller so I am able to place the sps higher up until I upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom