Acros and Acros oh my!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I just got back from a world wind tour of a few LFSs in my area and of course I picked up some corals.

I went to Fins & Feathers (1st time) and picked up some awesome corals from them. I also picked up a sun coral, but it's not a sun coral or a dendrophillia I forget the name. It is very similar to both though...

And I picked up a nice Montipora Spumosa. Here are a couple pics of them in the bucket getting happy to my system....

1011798smallus3.jpg

1011797smallhn6.jpg

I'll get some pics of them when I get them into the Frag tank where they will spend the night. I'll also post some pics when they get placed in the reef.

I'm just too excited!!!!! I'm going to have to make a trip to F&F again soon!!!

Here are some pics of them in the Frag tank. They are going to spend the night here as I just don't have it in me to mess with taking the canopy off and placing corals.

1011802smallkd1.jpg

1011801smallum7.jpg

1011800smallbr4.jpg

1011799smallcc9.jpg

1011804smallue5.jpg

We went to the one in Ashburn, VA. I was very impressed with their SPS selection and the prices WOW!!!! I should have gotten more. $12.99 and $14.99 for what you see there. The Montipora Spumosa was $39.00 but that came from BRK.

I was very pleased with my visit and I got a 10% discount for being a WAMAS member.

I am so jealous! you guys/gals on the east coast have all of the good lfs!! Those are really, really nice...... I'll sit here with my stinking couple of corals and whine!

So, Allen, is it confirmed he has some harder to get corals? I just like to spread the news if it is true.
Fulff, I think the one in C-Town might be closed, or at least they no longer do fish....

So, Allen, is it confirmed he has some harder to get corals? I just like to spread the news if it is true.
Fulff, I think the one in C-Town might be closed, or at least they no longer do fish....

I don't know about harder to find but definately different from what I see at other places. I was very pleased with what I got. I plan on going back and picking up some more in a few weeks. $12.99 and $14.99 per frag is awesome! The quality and health of the frags can't be beat at that price!!!

WAMAS members get a 10% discount if you buy in cash. Major score for me yesterday!!

Awesome pick ups Allen. When can I expect my frags?

Unbelievable pricing too. I'll remind you of that later :p.

What a relief now that the new tank is up and NOT leaking, eh? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom