Added new tangs.. w/pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Everyone seems fat and healthy and in main so I added some pics. I had thought about getting 2 naso's but got a naso and 3 yellow tangs instead.

Attachments

• img_0577_663.jpg
    img_0577_663.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 98
  • img_0588_194.jpg
    img_0588_194.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 135
naso

Attachments

• img_0515_695.jpg
    img_0515_695.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 90
  • img_0535_146.jpg
    img_0535_146.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 70
WOW, that is impressive to see. No aggression issues with all of those tangs in there? I mean, I know your tank is huge, but still, that's a lot of tangs!

I'm jealous...Blonde Naso is my new favorite fish that my tank is not big enough for...

I have a 90 gallon with a hippo tang and a clown tang, i really wan to add one more tang. speak from experience Brenden, can i get another tang and wich one would do best with my hippo and clown?

Nate: The purple went crazy over the yellows for about 2-3 hours then started schooling with them. He does not pay them any attention now, nor does he swim with them. I have no aggression whatsoever. (I am surprised also)

Philly since you asked for my opinion.....Putting the clown in your tank was a bad decision. Your tank is not large enough for it. On top of that they are known to be really aggressive and will not tolerate another tang being added after them. I would return/sell the clown and get a yellow or a purple (not both) and a convict, kole, or blue. The 2 I would personally pick is a purple and a convict. Make the purple the last addition if not adding together. My convict is my bud. He comes to the surface and lets me "pet" him.

Things are going well. Been one week since I got the SG down to where it needs to be (1.009). All signs of the Cryptocarion are gone. But I've still got another 4 weeks to go to make sure it's all gone for good. Fish seem to be handling to low SG pretty well. Hope the long exposure doesn't cause long term health problems. A guy at my LFS told me that I shouldn't do it longer than 2 weeks to avoid damaging my fishes internal organs. But from all I've read and from the advice here on this site, 4-5 weeks of hypo should be no problem.

2 weeks will not do any good with hypo. 4 weeks after last spots are seen will keep it from reproducing.

Ohhhhh myyyyyyy Goddddddd!!!!!! Those tangs look greattttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I can have an ocean like yours...

pssstttttt....I think Brenden is long gone. This thread is almost 3 yrs old. I believe he took down his big tank.

Back
Top Bottom