Adding a Denison Barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcolon

Aquarium Advice Addict
At first I wasn't thrilled with them, but the more I see them the more I'm wanting to get one, their color is awesom. My question is would could I comfortably have one Denison Barb in my current tank, my sig has my current stock. Would just one in the tank be ok? I keep reading that Barbs need to be kept in groups of 5-6 ... but it seems more like as long as their with other of their Genus ... then it doesn't necessarily have to be 5 - 6 of their own species.

But please what's your for advice / opinion on adding one Denison Barb.
I AM looking to get 3x 5 Banded-Barbs (Puntius Pentazona, have to check with my LFS on Monday) .. which would bring my stock to 24, the Denison would bring me to 25 which I figure is probably the limit for my tank.

The 5 Banded I want and the Denison is a would like to have.

From what I have read they are schooling fish who prefer to be in groups. They also get to a decent size. I am not sure that you have the room for them right now,

I decided to take the plunge and got one

It's about 2 1/2 inches long so I am closely monitoring how it's doing. Going on day 3 and so far so good, it's shoaling with the other Barbs, while also going of on it's own. It seems to have an affinity for the left side glass. Color looks good and it's eating voraciously ... wow that fish is FAST! Just a gorgeous fish!

Back
Top Bottom