Aggressive GBR=>new 29Gal Bio Wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

almcloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
Like I was saying on my previous thread, my GBR nipped one of my Cory's fins a bit, chasing him all the time and I had to put him in a breeder temporarily.
I wanted to get a 75 Gal and built a nice aquascape for my future Black Ghost but due to time constraints with my GBR I decided to get today a 29 gal for him (Marineland with Penguin 150 Bio Wheel filter KIT)
Need advice please on the fastest way to Cycle the 29 gal.
Was told to move media from current "recently" cycled 10 gal (Marineland with Penguin 100 Bio Wheel filter)
I will still keep my 2 Corys in the 10 gal and get few more soon for a bigger school, so I wont move all the media.
Was thinking to take Corys out for a bit and move a few fake plants and some of my gravel in the new 29 (to get some of the bacteria over) then rearrange the 10 with some new plants and and gravel to feel out the remained space. What do you think?
What should I do with my current filter, should I move it to the new 29 gal for a while or keep it in 10 gal not to mess with its cycle?
I would appreciate all the help I can get to start this process today.
Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom