Albino BN Plecos!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Last week, I was fortunate enough to have recieved 2 four week old albino Bn plecos from the one and only BrianNY.

I figured I'd let them acclimate themselves to their new surroundings first.

This is "shorty"

This is "shrimpy"

They are doing very well.

Very nice wee little ones :D
I returned my albino bristlenoses to the lfs.......both were male, and I don't have an algae problem.....so I thought I'd better use the space to raise some keyhole cichlid fry ones they arive :p

Are you implying that I have an algae problem Billsgate? :wink: For the record, those little guys are in my 30g and will replace Mr. Cliff Gibbiceps when he moves next door to the 75g.

Congratulations, you have joined the ranks of the esteemed AA members with some of Brian's finest :D

They look great, Bill!
Be sure to try feeding them some blanched broccoli stalks - they love them!

No aquarium is complete without a Albino BN Pleco... I love mine.. I almost got one for 1.97 a week or two ago.. But it didn't happen.. haha

You try what QToffer said and give them some broc! They love it!

Moooooose

You'll be happy to know that these guys will never get any bigger than 2-3 inches and are peaceful as lambs (or so I've been told). I can't imagine anything that small bullying anyone...LOL.

Congrats. I was given 6 3/4" albino BNs a month ago, but I think that they may have been eaten by two 3" regular BN tankmates, as they all disappeared after 2 weeks. :cry:

I have 2 albino plecs as well. They love romaine lettuce and seedless cucumber slices. When I first bought them, they were soo tiny that I could barely find them in my tank as well. One time I picked every decoration out of my tank looking for the one but was unable to find him. I looked in the hob filter box and there he was. He likes it in there sometimes.. maybe the strong current? Who knows, but from then on out any time I couldn't find him, i'd know to look in the filter box.
Btw, Congrads on the fish, you'll love em!
-Stewie

LOL Stewie - Glad I'm not alone here. One of them decided to take up residence in Mr. Gibbiceps home under the driftwood. Well, Mr. Gibbiceps was not at all pleased with this and carefully nudged him out of his spot.

I also have a battle royal going on over the veggies and wafers amongst the snail, Mr. Gibbiceps and the new ancistrus. I now have to put the equivalent of a "vegetable garden" in the tank to keep everyone happy, but everyone seems to want the carrots. What to do...what to do... :D

Back
Top Bottom