Amano shrimp *****I have had it***

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I went to see if the lfs had any otos in yet, even one for my lonely lady. But no not yet. So I bought an amano shrimp. Put him and he disappeared. I wanted to take a picture but I cant find him. I have my new heater to install today and some other filter things to do and I am hoping the activity in the tank will flush him out. But any way, YEA! Its my first amano! :D

Congrats on the amano shrimp! So you've decided to keep the one oto and get some new ones for her to hang around with, when the store gets some in?

i just got 4 otos but 1 died. i dont think we can get amanos here so i'm jealous :cry: maybe it got sucked in your filter if it wasnt eaten

well, I moved all the decorations last night. I cant see the darn shrimp anywhere. I am hoping its just a great hider. I was looking at the new filter intake and I don't think he could get sucked up in it.
An t-iasg said:
So you've decided to keep the one oto and get some new ones for her to hang around with, when the store gets some in?
yea. I really like the otos. They should be getting more in monday or tuesday I think.

I went by the lfs again today and picked out another shrimp. He is very active going all over the tank. I got a few pictures before he disappeared. Here is the best one...

awesome i bet if you looked in your tank at night he'll be out and about as long as he wasnt already eaten. my fish go after the shrimp so i usually only see them right before the lights go out or when all of the fish are resting at once.

I know for sure now the other fish climbed out of the tank. This new one has claimed the filter intake as his very own, and he has left the water several times. But I made sure every little crack and crevice was plugged. This one is NOT getting out! :twisted:

Well, the new one is GONE! He molted and I found the shell, so I thought he just found a really great hiding spot. No, he is gone. I am thinking the angel got him while he was still soft. No more shrimp. It has actually been gone a long time, but I kept hoping I just missed him when I pulled out all the decorations. And its SO weird because that little ghost shrimp I have had in there since JULY is doing great. OH well. I have learned my lesson.

You could keep shrimp with your betta!
They are delicate little creatures......sorry to hear that they are both gone.
You could always try larger fan-shrimp for your 55 gal. :wink:

I really really want one of those vampire shrimp. I just noticed yesterday that I only have 5 guppies. Did my fatty eat one of the guppies too? That fish is a pain in my A!!

Back
Top Bottom