Amazing Find - Karma? (Co2 Setup for 120 bucks)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I messaged someone on Kijiji Selling a "complete aquarium kit"

Turns out, his dad died a few weeks earlier and it was his tank, and they didn't know how to keep it.

I expressed my condolences, and offered to teach him how to use it. he declined, asking if I wanted to buy it (125 gallon setup with angels)

So, I offered to buy the CO2 parts, but eh couldnt' tell me anything about it.

We talked back and forth for a week or two, And when I finally got some pictures, I told him that I was looking to build a DIY setup, but I couldn't honestly afford what he was selling, and told him the HONEST price for the entire setup. (around 300 dollars or more)

He wanted to sell it to me anyway, and offered the whole setup for 120 dollars.

Still not totally sure of what I was getting (condition, size, parts, etc, from dark blurry camera phone photos, I agreed, and he drove from an hour a way to drop it off at my work!)

For $120 dollars
(All less than 6 months old)

Red Sea 500 Co2 Reactor (50 bucks?)
1 Full, 5 Pound Co2 Canister (90 bucks?)
1 Mostly Empty, 5 Pound Co2 Canister (70 bucks)
Regulator with solenoid: (350 from big als... (Over priced...))

Another, HUGE reactor with a bunch of plastic BioBalls? in it (probably won't use)

Check valves, Tubing, and Bubble Counter with oil in it, but probably needs super cleaning as I think the oil has gone into the tubing) (40 bucks?)

Soo... 550 bucks worth of stuff! 120 dollars paid!

I honestly tried to talk him out of it. He said he'd rather it go to someone who wants and needs it, and that I was very nice and honest to turn it down and give him an accurate idea as to what he could sell it for.

I did convince him to keep the tank however, he's going to give the angels to a family member who has a 55 gallon, and he wants to get Cichlid's as he's always liked them.

So its all in my trunk. Guess what I'll be doing tonight?!?

(probably going to my LFS to buy missing parts, lol)

But yeah, Christmas came early!!! Holy crap!

:dance:

Just set it up. So far, so good.

To test the solenoid, I Kept it unplugged, set Working pressure to 20PSI, and then turned the Co2 Tank off. It did slowly leak out over about 4 hours. Is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom