Angelfish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluebirdspaul

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just a quick one. Ive got an angfish/discus tank and 2 of my angels are chasing the other fish away from themselfs. they are staying on one side of the tank and what looks like pecking the side of the filter. Could this mean they are pairing up as im not to sure if they are male and female. Advice would be great folks cheers

Sounds to me like they are. That's what mine do before they start. Chasing others off and cleaning the spawning site

If its the first time then I wouldn't get too excited. I've got 4 angelfish. The one males has paired up with 1 female twice and another female once and I have yet to get any fry from the eggs. They get eatin within a day or two. But that's prob because I have them in my community tank. Take a look at them and see if you can vent them? That means their sex organs are out. They're normally right around where you see them poop lol. Best way to put it is females look like a pencil eraser and males look like the sharpened end of a pencil.

Yea thats how the do look. I have 3 other younger angels in the tank plus 2 discus, none of them are getting near to wear the two are "cleaning the spawning area" im pritty sure they are male and female now so hopefully al goes well.

Sounds like they are gearing up for a spawn. Like the others said, don't get too excited. The first couple batches will most likely get eaten. Watch for aggression after the spawn.

Back
Top Bottom