Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Angelfish, mollies, guppies, and bettas

I have a 30 gallon tank and i for sure want 2 angelfish some mollies and guppies and if i can a betta fish or two. Along with the two angelfish how many each of mollies and guppies do you think i could have in with them. And would it be okay to add one or two bettas? And by the way i would get 2 baby angelfish so they would grow up around the small fish.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

With mollies should get pairs. Males might get aggressive down the road if there's not enough females. Could get 2 females and a male though. With 2 angels that would be fine. Just give them an area to hide out in. Betta's you could, you'll have better luck with short tail female's. But add them last if you do. And Betta's might not do very good in that tank depending on the water flow. Guppies you can do a few of them. Just give them some cover too. What kinda guppies?

Old 11-13-2017, 05:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Betta's are alittle tricky, and fancy guppies they might go after. You never know!
Old 11-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you! I was wanting to get fancy guppies and I would definitely give them lots of hiding places to keep them safe.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:18 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyfish View Post
Thank you! I was wanting to get fancy guppies and I would definitely give them lots of hiding places to keep them safe.
Alot of people will tell you they don't think it's a good idea with Betta's. But it's a subject everybody has different views on. I think you'll be fine. Just keep on eye on everyone. The Betta might get nipped by the angels. And they can't swim as fast. I'd have alittle tank on hand just in case. U never know.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:23 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had my guppies destroyed by a betta that jumped out of a breeder net, I wouldn't risk it unless you're keeping female guppies only.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:41 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

oh no do you think even a female beta would bother the guppies?
Old 11-14-2017, 04:42 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Two angels in a 30g (even long version) would be too much when grown. They will also eat your guppies once they are mature. I had an angel in a 30 long and it was way too cramped. It feasted on my guppies, neons, and any other smaller bodied fish. You may luck out and not have such a hungry angel as I did but I've had two koi/marbled angels (at different times) and they both destroyed any smaller bodied fish.

Maybe consider a gourami? The neons are quite beautiful if you can find good stock.

Tags
angel, angelfish, betta, bettas, fish, guppie, guppies, mollie, mollies

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com