Another Free Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWerner13

Aquarium Advice Freak
I live in Tampa Fl. A large metropolitan area with a huge Craigslist availability. For the past two weeks I have been checking every morning for the search terms "fish tank" and "aquarium" In two weeks alone I have picked up 3 free tanks now. I have picked up a 36 gallon tank with filter and lights. I have picked up a 20 gallon tank. And just today I picked up a 10 gallon hex with lights filter and heater. All of them are nasty but perfectly amazing for a free tank. There isn't really a point to this post just letting ya'll know that the deals are out there!!! I can't believe that I payed for a petsmart 10 gallon kit when first getting into the hobby.

Craigslist.com is my next favorite site after google. Amazing the things the interent has opened doors too.

Good find!

Check out Free cycle too!! Aquariums are listed there for free as well.

I live in smallish town that isn't listed on Craig's list, but freecycle is.

I check every day for deals on aquariums in nearby towns.

I was lucky to score my 125 gallon setup on EBAY.
I was always looking at tanks on ebay, but all were "pick up only" and thousands of miles away.

So one day I'm looking and an auction was ending in 36 minutes for a 125 gallon tank.
Low and behold......it was only 10 miles away, out in the middle of the country.
I couldn't believe it. 200 bucks for tank, stand, filter, sump, overflow, lights and refugium and then he gave me a complete 30 gallon set up too!

Used tanks are the way to go if you don't mind putting adding some elbow grease to save some cash.

Back
Top Bottom