Another new betta.. I am getting out of hand. :o

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't wana move my betta outa his 10 gal shrimp planted tank :) he looks too cool in there, and my next tank (2 weeks away) is saltwater pico.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110730_150827.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110730_150827.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 154
I have seen a few of these dragonscales and they look great, but I have never seen one that looked this good. He looks like he glows. :fish2:Congrats! (y)

Wow pretty,dude I dont blame u I love betta's.I'm new so sorry if u already got asked this question but how many Betta's do u have?

I have 4, but it's a daily struggle not getting more. I work with fish all day and I have to try really hard not to spend too much time sitting near the bettas. I had 8 a few years ago, though. I had two 20Ls with dividers.

And thanks for the comments. :)

When i was a kid and didn't really know much about fish keeping i had a bunch of bettas in bowls all around my room. I've limited myself to one now that lives in a 5G. Maybe i'll get a 10G and a divider in the future.

Yeah, mine are all in at least 5 gallons. One is in my 60 because he's the only one I've had that has the right temperment.

I started out with the bowls as a teenager. The older I got the bigger the tanks got. Us and our silly addictions.

My issue with dividers is that if they are clear, the Bettas are stressed having to see their rivals and not being able to drive them away or retreat. I prefer single Betta tanks or large bowls. But that's me :)

I had the store bought dividers originally, but went to the craft store and bought black cross stitch screen. Great flow through the screen with very limited visibility to the other side. Mine have no idea what's over there.

I still use the frame from the original divider I bought in the store.. the pennplax ones.. but I have since then used craft sticks. They're basically just popsicle sticks that haven't been used for popsicles. I silicone two together with a very small piece on the ends and then slide the cross stitch mesh into the small slot it leaves.

Plus there's always the plastic with the holes drilled(doesn't have to be clear).. but I'd be worried about flow.

Back
Top Bottom