Another new betta.. I am getting out of hand. :o

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khalix

Aquarium Advice Freak
But hey, I didn't have a dragonscale. :)

Attachments

• dragonscale2.jpg
    dragonscale2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 183
  • dragonscale3.jpg
    dragonscale3.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 236
The sad part is that he sat in a cup for two weeks. I kept seeing him and I kept thinking "someone will for sure buy him soon!" and then after those two weeks I realized someone would put him in a quart and I'd be pissed so I got him anyway. :p

The scales tend to be larger and often have a metallic sheen. They are USUALLY of the shorter finned plakat variety, but that was just one of the varieties that were originally bred. Nowadays you can probably find them in every type, a friend of mine picked up a halfmoon dragon the same day.

I don't put a lot of stock into the breed types because I don't breed them. Lot of people take it pretty seriously, though, so maybe someone else could answer better. :)

The scales tend to be larger and often have a metallic sheen. They are USUALLY of the shorter finned plakat variety, but that was just one of the varieties that were originally bred. Nowadays you can probably find them in every type, a friend of mine picked up a halfmoon dragon the same day.

I don't put a lot of stock into the breed types because I don't breed them. Lot of people take it pretty seriously, though, so maybe someone else could answer better. :)
than you for explaining that:)

time to start looking for a dragon scale betta... and convincing my mom that another tank is a good thing

I've seen dradonscale crowntails at my lfs, awesome animal. Unfortunatly, I also see them bring new shipments of bettas everyweek, and I feel like they aren't even selli g what they have.ugh poor litttle dudes. I've saved 2, but unfortunatly, if I want a sw, 2 is all I can save... I do have a 20 gal... do bettas do ok with danios?

Just tewll your mom you need a 250 gal tank, with lots of betta space :D. (Man..how happy would that little guy be haha)

Just tewll your mom you need a 250 gal tank, with lots of betta space :D. (Man..how happy would that little guy be haha)
i dont think shed go for that,getting my 55 was hard enough

i was gonna put one in my 55 but several people said no:(

What! Why not... :( I think a 55, if properly stocked would be killer. Some cory cats, some sort of tetra, and a betta..awesome.. or get a few female bettas :) that be tight

I've seen dradonscale crowntails at my lfs, awesome animal. Unfortunatly, I also see them bring new shipments of bettas everyweek, and I feel like they aren't even selli g what they have.ugh poor litttle dudes. I've saved 2, but unfortunatly, if I want a sw, 2 is all I can save... I do have a 20 gal... do bettas do ok with danios?

The danios darting around might stress the betta but i can't say for sure.

It does depend on the betta. I have one in my 60g with my assorted community who does wonderfully(had him with other fish for going on 4 years now). Another is in my 30 with some peacock gobies and oto's. However, I have one betta who is not aggressive even to fish like guppies.. but he is so timid he gets too stressed to be with other fish. My crowntail, on the other hand, is basically a fish eater. I could tell within minutes that he had to get out pronto!

Fish are so funny. :)

"I am getting out of hand"
They are addictive!
I think "dragon" means that the scales on the face are more pronounced, as opposed to most bettas, whose scales farther back on the body sort of fade out toward the head which appears smoother:fish2:.

Yeah, it seems like there's a lot of different descriptions of them, for sure. Yours makes more sense, though.

Back
Top Bottom