Another tank!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RamCichlidLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
thats what my mom said when i told her i bought a 10 gallon tank on craigslist for $15. i told her that i needed a small tank so i could train a fish without its tank mates stealing the reward. the tank will be very simple. the tank came with a Wisperer30 internal filter, a box of filter bags, goldfish food, and a hood w/ light. i'm not going to need to buy a heater because i'm getting a goldfish, like i said nothing special. i am going to use gravel for the substrate. i was planning on switching the gravel in my 30 gallon tank with sand. how good would it be to put some of that gravel in my new tank?
anyway, the person who had the tank before me had a goldfish that lived for 7 years and was 14 inches long and weighed 1.3 pounds when he died.

tornadonick said:
If the gravel doesnt dry out putting it in that tank will actually help speed up the cycling process, so i say, go right ahead.

+1

If you have some filter media from your other tank, add that too. Time the set up with the substrate change, a PWC and the media, give it a day (maybe less) and IMO you'll have a fully cycled tank. When you add the gravel, don't clean it too much if any and when you do, do it in tank water or you'll kill the good bacteria.

So the bigger question is, what are you going to train it to do? AA wants to know!

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

Image1.gif

Image2.gif

mollies, goldfish, bettas, cichlids, ect

well first i have to teach the fish to follow the feeding wand. the feeding wand has a button on the end of it. when i push it, the food chamber on the other end opens up and the fish can get a treat. so when a fish follows the wand, i put it in front of the hoop and bring it to the other side and the fish goes thogh the hoop. then i push the button and it gets a treat. after training for a while, the fish will go though the hoop without guidence.

that took a while to explain lol!

ROFL that is the funniest thing ever, i wonder if you could train a sword tail to jump a hoop outa the water?

ROFL that is the funniest thing ever, i wonder if you could train a sword tail to jump a hoop outa the water?

:biglol: i actually thought about doing that!! heres what i got. maybe if i train it to go though a hoop at the surface of the water and raise the hoop up a TINY bit every other day to the point where it is out of the water, it might work.
whats cool is the training kit uses the same technique used to train dolphins

They kept a 14" goldfish in a 10 gallon tank?! That's just idiotic! Poor thing :(

Back
Top Bottom