Any ideas what type of fish this is??? (pics inside)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey Woods

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just picked these up and I'm not sure what they are. Any ideas? I have a breeding pair that is being kept at 80F. I suspect they are live bearers, however, at this point I'm not sure (they were breeding at the place where I bought them but they didn't have any info for me).

NewFish5889.jpg

NewFish5887.jpg

NewFish5881.jpg

NewFish5878.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Corey

Welcome to AA! We have a 12-step program for identifying fish. Actually, we don't. More like two steps, you post we post.

Butterfly Goodeid (Ameca splendens)?

Amecas for certain (Lord knows, I have several zillion myself).

Hey Corey, how goes it? Did not expect to see you here....trade in the balls for fish? ;)

Christian,

I started keeping fish, again, about a year ago when I started putting them in with my Fly River turtles. One fly tank has cichlids and the other tank has rainbows. I'm limited on the types of fish I can keep with them as they have to be fast to not get eaten (which happens quite often) as well as being able to tollerate 86F water.

The above fish I bought because I thought they were neat looking. Didn't know anything about them but I set them up the same way the previous owners had them (and no they aren't in with my turtles). Now all I have to do is get some plants to make them feel at home.

Still have all the Ball pythons :D

Regards,
Corey

Back
Top Bottom