Anybody place these fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Musket

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can anyone identify these fish? 2 pix each. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• dscf0050_129.jpg
    dscf0050_129.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 43
  • dscf00471_470.jpg
    dscf00471_470.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 41
  • dscf0035-a_520.jpg
    dscf0035-a_520.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 40
  • dscf0065-a_186.jpg
    dscf0065-a_186.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 44
Thanks for the link Jchillin, but nope, he doesn't look like that. I know the picture isn't the best.

RoK, yup that's him alright, down to the 3 sets of strategically placed whiskers. Thanks.

They both came from the same tank and it was labeled bumble goby and bumblebee cat. So when I got them and looked those up, they didn't fit either description. But when the "real" bumblebee cat was little, I thought it was the goby, he didn't have whiskers then and his markings were not wavy as they are now and he was so small he looked like a goby. But now he has grown and showing his true self. :)

This is the one I found when I first was seaching, and it is the same cat you showed, but doesn't really look like him.
http://www.scotcat.com/factsheets/microglanis_iheringi.htm

I tried to describe the 1st cat to a LFS that I trust, he told me something but I can't remember it, just that it started with a "P", not pictus... Maybe that small amount of information can help with the search. :)

THanks again everyone.

Back
Top Bottom