Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-17-2016, 08:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Aquarium "sludge"

Hello, I am new to Tapatalk so forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place or something. I know I may get some backlash for part of this question but let me explain.
I have a 20 Gallon tank and roughly 25 fish in it. Yes, I know it is over stocked. No, I do not plan to keep it that way. I have a 55g tank for all these fish but i cant set it up now. My husband and I are buying a house and there has been a few delays in title work so we can't close for 2-3 weeks. I came about all the extra fish from a neighbor. They were moving and she was going to just flush the fish bc she couldn't take them. I could not bear it. So I adopted them. My house is small so I added them to my established tank.
The issue I have is aquarium "sludge" or at least I guess that is what you call it.

I do regular water changes and by that I mean EVERY DAY water changes in an attempt to keep the tank in the best condition possible. I have the tank heavily planted and feed light.....once a day. For anyone out there that may have experienced an overstocked tank, I would appreciate input or anything else I could do.......besides getting a bigger tank because I know this is a MUST. Not only for the health of the tank but also for the health of the fish. Just trying to make the situation the best as possible until I can get moved.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old 06-17-2016, 08:50 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Apologies, I forgot to attach a picture to the body of the post. Thanks again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1466164182957.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	287381

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tags
aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com